Home

[TUTORIAL]Custom Loadscreens

Just a quick note first off, I didn't write this tutorial, HK-42 did. I'm just posting a copy of it in here. If you have questions, here is a link to his profile;

http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=142560 or the original thread

Click the show spoiler button to view the tut. ;)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Ever wanted to get some loadscreens for you module? Or do you want to make a Loadscreen mod revamping the ones in KOTOR or TSL? Well this tutorial will tell you how.

First off some credits.

Thanks for Canderis for help on figuring out how to do a KOTOR one.

Thanks to Silveredge9 by telling me that there was a Character Limit on the name of the loadscreen. Which make a nasty consequence.

What You Need

A Tga Editing Program-Gimp is recommended.

Paint(Optional)-I find it easier to make the picture that goes in the center to be made in paint then copied to GIMP but do it either way. Paint comes with the computer.

A Loadscreen tga file-You can get them from ktool in the first texture pack or I provided some here.

KOTOR

TSL(This one has a flaw near the bottom of the green line and it is in jpg so you need to convert it, you might as well make one yourself)

Ok lets get started. This is quite easy, open the file up in your TGA Editor.

Show spoiler
load1.jpg

Then bring up paint and make a box around 510 by 130 in KOTOR or 1024 by 581 in TSL.

Show spoiler
load2.jpg

Now Make you picture in that area. This tutorial doesn't cover how to do that. When you are done copy the picture you made into the tga area where the picture goes. If it doesn't cover the whole are try making bigger or if too much making it smaller.

Once it is done save it as load_nameofmodule.tga(must have a tga extension)

WARNING if your module is a long name shorten it as the loadscreen name has a character limit which when over makes this:

Show spoiler
load.jpg

Then drop this file in the override. If done correctly this is what you should get:

Show spoiler
load-1.jpg

This is mostly the same in KOTOR and TSL, Good Luck!:D

Archived