Home

No keyboard control in XWA with Vista32

Ranthalion

Hey guys,

I've just decided to start playing XWA again, but now I have a system running Vista Home Basic 32-bit. I've installed with no problems and patched up to the latest official version.

Everything seems fine until I start a mission or the simulator. After that I have no keyboard control. The joystick works fine. I can't quit using escape, I have to use the 3 finger salute (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and the task manager to exit the game.

When the mission loads I have no keyboard control, but I can hit Alt+Tab once and the I'm able to use all keyboard commands until I launch out of the hanger. After that, it has no keyboard again and Alt-Tab no longer works to regain control.

I just found that I have no mouse control either. When I lose the keyboard, I also lose the mouse.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Steve

• 1 month later...

Having figured out how to get past my router and then bypass Vista's overzealous security by right clicking on EV icon and running as Admin, I then had the same problem with keyboard commands not working, but it works fine if I turn xfire off while flying. Its a bit offputting having messages pop up blocking your view of the enemy mid game anyway so no great loss.

I am happy to be able to fly once more, but now the writing that comes up in game is all weird, like it's some strange script, or as if I have a migraine head and there are bits of letters missing. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Archived