Home

Door Reskins

HK-42

I'm having a problem getting the doors in Davik's Palace reskinned. The mdl and mdx file it used is named DOR_its09 and the texture is lts_lodor04.

I hex edited the mdl file and changed all mentions of lts to ans. Then I renamed the texture and mdx to have ans in it. But for some reason when ever I launch KOTOR and go to the module it is still the same door texture, yet all the other module textures changed as normal. Anyideas whats wrong?:confused::confused::confused:

Well I guess the UTD file still has the original appearance set, I can't remember how to add doors to the game though, assuming I knew once :p. I've had a hunt for a 2da file but I can't seem to find one, other than "doortypes.2da" which didn't seem to be what your looking for.

Well I just found that I had to edit the Genericdoors.2da then edit the utds. But now I can run strait through the doors....:confused:

Anyideas?

Did you extract and edit all three of the door walkmeshes? If not then that is why. ;)

:rolleyes: I keep forgetting this is a whole new model, thought I already did that when I extracted all the others. Oh Well. Thanks, I shall get to work on that.

Edit: Hmm is there any way to tell which DWK goes to which door? there is no referance in the mdl filles.

EDIT2: Sorry RH Thought it was ok for updates.

Archived