Home

MIDI

yankrcool05

Hi everyone, I haven't played this game in about 3 or 4 years (lost the darn cds!), however, I remember an excellent jazzy soundtrack that would be nice to convert to sheet music (via NotationMusician). I have searched, yet very few midis are available. Also, many links to midis are dead. Any current links to a whole bunch of midis. There are plenty for MI.

There aren't many MIDIs available for Grim Fandango as the game had a live soundtrack, thus any MIDIs would have to be recreated by someone with a good ear by writing the notation into a MIDI sequencer, matching up the instruments, etc — a lot of work.

The reason Monkey Island has so many available is that the first two had completely MIDI soundtracks, meaning all those MIDIs were literally just ripped from the game.

Also, welcome. :)

I have searched for these myself in the past (for the same reason as you), and the ones I could find I've put up here (although, you've probably already come across those). Even with those MIDIs though, I couldn't really find anything that I'd really be able to convert myself :(.

However, I did have a go at doing the Full Throttle intro, mainly for my own benefit, but I guess I might as well post that up here in case anyone can make use out of it: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9189/fullthrottlepianogj5.png (I enjoy playing it actually, I think it resembles the in-game song quite well :D)

Also, on the subject of MIDIs, does anyone know why whenever I open any of these Monkey Island MIDIs it doesn't display any of the instrument names? (Only "Acoustic Grand" or something). I would be interested in knowing which instruments some of these are, and surely if the sound card is able to interpret the correct instrument then there must be software that can too...?

Archived