Home

Question about shaders and armors

redrob41

Ok, I've used the search tool, and I've come up with too many hits, and yet I still can't answer my problem. What I'm doing is, I've created a new armor and called it PFBC43.tga which I want to have a lot of baremetal shine.

I've already got the right amount of grey on my alpha channel. I created a PFBC.txi (envmaptexture CM_Baremetal) and put it in my override directory. What I get is a bit of a glow, because it defaults to what is embedded in the PFBC.mdl (which is CM_Bright). When I name it PFBC43.txi I get the same glowy result.

When I re-name it to PFBC01.txi, I get the desired shiny metal, but now the PFBC07.tga (K1 "Light Exoskeleton" - TSL "Electromesh Suit") is also giving a shiny metal instead of the CM_Bright that it is supposed to have.

Is there any way to apply a CM_Baremetal to my new PFBC43.tga while retaining the CM_Bright on the existing PFBC07.tga?

BTW, I'm tring to do this for both K1 & TSL

Hmm, I remember reading that you can only have one applied shader effect per texture.

So it comes down you have to choose...

Though, what I do, do mind its about area modelling, is make the model itself bright or cut out the part that needs to be bright looking.

Dangerous though to do on a animated object and certainly insane on 3D mesh with the SKIN modifier...

Self Illum 1.0 1.0 1.0 setting in the ASCII file of any model.

Though you don't get the glow effect like you would have with the CM_Bright.

Archived