Home

Replacing a voice, can I do it?

The Spy

So basically, I am wanting to know how to replace voices with my own doing the character, cause I've gotten tired of their voice actors for awhile (No offense to them, they all did a great job, sorry, I mean excellent job, but I just want a fresh experience, know what I mean?) but currently I've no clue how to edit such voices, does anyone know how?

So far I assumed I could just find voice files of that character, then replace them with my own voice by using Audacity and naming it the same.

So as far as I know, I'm on the right path, I just can't locate the files, and am not entirely sure if it's possible to do this.

Have a closer look in your game folder, I haven't installed the game for a couple years now, but I'm sure there are folders that contain subfolders with the voices. The files if I remember correct are mp3s, but saved with .wav suffix, so just renaming them will do the trick.

The enormity of the project you wish to undertake is significant.

Which game?

Lots and lots and lots of lots of work, even for just one party member.

Numerous and different places to look depending on the game.

Very true. Folders w/in folders worth of VO files. I'm guessing you are either very patient or have a lot of time to kill.

Archived