Home

Need help with Modelling (xbox)

I've downloaded all the necessary modelling tools (gmax, nwnmax plug-in, mdlops, etc) along with some tutorials.

I am one of those few xbox modders (we're just a dime a dozen, aren't we?)

Anywho, I believe I've figured out a way to make models work in the xbox version, though I'm not positive. For one, pc models can't be used by the xbox, so naturally, one would think "Oh, that's easy. Just extract the models from the xbox bifs instead of the pc version"

So I did a quick test: I extracted Bastila's head model (mdl and mdx) renamed them PFHC06, and then put them in P_mdl.erf in the cache, and the game directory.

It worked. The blonde ponytailed girl had Bastila's head.. the skins were messed up, but that's another issue.

So I figured the next step would be to get all the modelling tools and make some simple yet recognizable modification to a head model or something and see if that works. However, I seem to get an error everytime I try to compile it into an ascII model using mdlops.

errorj.jpg

I'm assuming that mdlops probably wasn't made to compile/decompile xbox models, but am I missing something here? Is there an easy fix? Is there a fix at all? Any other advice?

Please, It'd be nice if I could actually get some help instead of "just get the pc version" or just ignoring me altogether.

Sorry dude, I did a bit of digging for you:

Models (*.mdl/*.mdx files, think the lightsabers from the USM) still won't work with the XBox, the files are too different for something compiled with mdlOps to work on the XBox.

Other than that, I'm not expert at modding on the xbox - it seems mods including models can only been made for the PC version.

With all due, respect, I intend to put those notions to rest glovemaster. Besides, the thread was about 3 years ago.

And there are models that do work for the xbox. DStoney's m4-78 droid model loaded perfectly from the override, and my "replace PFHC06 head with Bastila's test" worked nicely too. Granted, this means that only you can swap existing models in the game (the equivalent of a 2da edit), but, I'm almost convinced it will work... with a bit more experimenting.

Anyways, I'm also having problems with getting nwnmax to work. I somehow managed to download the gmax plug-in... but when I click on it to start setup...

8cfa280d42.jpg

So... what exactly went wrong here?

Archived