Home

[KOTOR]GUI Problem

ZimmMaster

I recently downloaded and installed the widescreen mod using the uniws.exe program to give me the 1400x900 resolution. The new resolution worked fine. But then I noticed the GUI was positioned wrong when I realized that I had to download the GUI fix. I downloaded the GUI fix for the 1400x900 resolution here. But the fix did not do anything. When I loaded the game the GUI was in the same place. I followed the instructions in the readme included in the zip file the 1400x900 GUI fix came with. I have no idea what is going on. I have had this mod installed and work fine with the GUI in the right position before so I don't think it is my game. Can someone help me?

When you start the game, there should be an "options" button (same place where you assign actions to the keyboard). Once there, click the "Graphics" button, then the "Screen Resolution" button. It should pop-up a list of resolutions (640x480, 1024x760, etc); choose whatever one you have.

When you start the game, there should be an "options" button (same place where you assign actions to the keyboard). Once there, click the "Graphics" button, then the "Screen Resolution" button. It should pop-up a list of resolutions (640x480, 1024x760, etc); choose whatever one you have.

Should my custom resolution show up as an option, 'cause if it should, it is not. But my 800x600 resolution option is no longer selectable in the game menu's graphics options. Which I assume should not be happening. I can still select it from the Configuration menu you get when you first boot up the game and when I edit the swkotor.ini.

It's supposed to show up, yes. I did the same thing as you (with the exception that my resolution is 1680x1050 rather than 1400x900), and my custom resolution shows up, replacing the 800x600 option.

It's supposed to show up, yes. I did the same thing as you (with the exception that my resolution is 1680x1050 rather than 1400x900), and my custom resolution shows up, replacing the 800x600 option.

Well my 800x600 resolution is gone, but my new resolution does not show up. Plus when I remove the patch, my 800x600 resolution option stays gone.

That's because the replacement happens in the override folder where you put the new GUI.

I think I get it. You are saying that when I patch the game with the uniws program the custom resolution appears in the game's menu, but when I put the GUI fix files in my Override, it dissapears. Is this what you are saying?

No -- when you patch the game with the UniWS program, you set it's resolution permanently. You can't change the resolution once you patch it (as far as I know). There's no need to change the custom resolutions at all. The GUI fix works by giving new coordinates to a preexisting set-up, so it HAS to replace a prior resolution.

No -- when you patch the game with the UniWS program, you set it's resolution permanently. You can't change the resolution once you patch it (as far as I know). There's no need to change the custom resolutions at all. The GUI fix works by giving new coordinates to a preexisting set-up, so it HAS to replace a prior resolution.

Well that would explain why even after I click remove patch on the 1024x768 interface version my custom resolution stays installed. But than this brings me back to my original problem: My new 1400x900 resolution works just fine, but the GUI is in the wrong position even after I put the files for the GUI fix in the override folder. One thing I did notice and have a question on is that the new game menu tga files all have "800x600"(without the quotes) in there filename. An example would be that one of the filenames are "800x600back"(without the quotes). Should I change the filename of those files to match my new resolution?

I would try it, what else do you have to lose?

I tried renaming the files to my custom resolution, but it did not work. Then I tried renaming them to the interface resolution that I patched which is in this case the 1024x768 and then the moving part of the game menu is overlapping the frame. So I took a few screenshots to illustrate my problem but then I noticed the resolutions of the screenshots I took while playing the game is 1024x768 not 1400x900. Is this part of the problem?

Here is the one that shows the overlapping.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
kotor0000.jpg

Here is the one that shows the missaligned GUI

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
kotor0001.jpg

*EDIT* I'm noticing now that when I remove the patch my 800x600 resolution shows back up. So I think that problem is solved now.

Archived