Home

.lyt properties?

What are the properties for the .lyt file for creating an area? For example when you do your roomcount:

777NPI_01a 0.0 0.0 0.0

What are the properties for the numbers? If i wanted to position something differently, how would I move it around using just these numbers?

thanks

I'd have thought you'd have recognised them :p

777NPI_01a 0.0 0.0 0.0
          (X) (Y) (Z)

I believe it is positioning for the AuroraBase - and as everything is linked to the aurora base, everything will follow respectively. If in your module you have the AuroraBases' exported at 0,0,0 then it might not be necessary to move it.

Hope that helps ;)

EDIT:

Ah SS beat me to it :p

Well, the first 0.0 is the X coordinates, 2nd 0.0 is the Y coordinates, an 3rd is the Z coordinates. But it would be easier to just move the Geom in Max and re-export it.

I figured it would be. However I am trying to do this with m02ac_02q which is the upper city buildings and flying ships module. When i import the mdl into max, and reposition the geom, then export the geom and animations out again, I open up mdlops, read and write model, and then reference the new mdl/mdx model files in my ARE file and LYT file, the game crashes over and over and over...

I think I even sent you a PM about it.

@ glovemaster :-p I did recognize it, but it was not doing what I wanted it to do and figured I was wrong.

Archived