Home

Problems with KOTOR -- Savegame and Menu

BlazingPhoenix

I am having a lot of problems with KOTOR, when I got to Dantooine it lagged a considerable amount and it was never this bad before. I also don't see Malak at the menu screen and it looks glitchy in a few places here and there. I also can't load my save game that is in Dantooine even when I reinstalled. Any help?

Sure. Start by helping us out. Read the first post in this thread and follow the directions on how to post your system specs. You can also go ahead and tell me exactly what version of Windows you're using, because compatibilty modes can make the game's diagnostic utility lie about that.

Thanks. :)

Your hardware seems fine, other than that weak video card, which I'm sure that you're already aware of, since you're playing at 800x600. It should still be able to play the game.

Try going into your game folder and opening "swkotor.ini" with Notepad. Under "Graphics Options" type "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" without the quotes, then save and exit and try playing the game.

Try opening "swkotor.ini" again and see if the fullscreen option is enbled under "Graphics Options". I think that it's something like "FullScreen=1", but I can't be sure because I don't have either game installed right now.

Archived