Home

The Dig - A question

HarrisPCa

First off boys and girls, I have been a big fan of the point n clicks over the years, and I’m loving the recent revival of the format! (Monkey 1 SE and Broken Sword DC on WII especially, oh and the Tales of Money Island!)

There are a few games I never got around to playing/completing.

One of these is the Dig. I’m enjoying the game, and took it away on my iphone (thanks SCUMVM) as I was in Amsterdam following the England Football team.

I got stuck...... very stuck...... completely stuck!!

I have since looked at a walkthrough, and have how got past the bit I found impossible.

It was the bit with the Control Panel, and Triangle Button!!! How were you supposed to solve that?? Were there any clues I missed?? Or was it pure trial and error? I was getting the "Robot" to try and collect the lens, but couldn’t manage it (as I was sending him down first, instead of across!!

Did I miss something?? Is this the hardest part of nay point and click?? Or........ Have I lost the knack????

I had problems with this part, too. I took this from a German walkthrough

http://www.tentakelvilla.de/dig/digloes.html

and translated it into enlish:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
The buttons have to be pressed the following way:

4 x purple, 2 x yellow, 1 x red, triangle button (the lens is carried up)

5 x purple, 4 x blue, 1 x red, triangle button (repairing of the mashine).

the button on the bottom left is a reset button and the button on the upper left the backspace (delete)

I had problems with this part, too. I took this from a German walkthrough

http://www.tentakelvilla.de/dig/digloes.html

and translated it into enlish:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
The buttons have to be pressed the following way:

4 x purple, 2 x yellow, 1 x red, triangle button (the lens is carried up)

5 x purple, 4 x blue, 1 x red, triangle button (repairing of the mashine).

the button on the bottom left is a reset button and the button on the upper left the backspace (delete)

Yeah I used a walkthroough.

But how was you supposed to get the combo's?? I worked out what I needed to do, just couldnt get it to work.

Oh well! Great game!

You had to try a couple of times to find out that each color is a direction, if you push a button more than once it will go further in that direction. The triangular button activated the mechanism.

So a command you could insert is: "2 down, 1 right, activate mechanism." Then it would go 2 feet down and one foot right.

Archived