Home

Changing Alignment Bonuses in KotOR1

rickyl3

I don't like the different class and alignment requirements for Revan in KotOR1. Can someone make a mod that gives all the bonuses upon alignment mastery?

If possible I would like it as incremental rewards, like

For light side:

58 = +3 Charisma

66 = +3 Constitution

74 = +3 Strength

82 = +1d8 Damage

91 = Immunity to Poison

100 = +50 force points

For dark side:

42 = +1d8 Damage

34 = Immunity to Poison

26 = + 50 force points

18 = +3 Charisma

9 = +3 Constitution

0 = +3 Strength

I'm trying to learn how to mod, but I haven't seen anything about editing these:confused: I hope it's possible.

I was looking through the scripts in KotOR tool and I found a few scripts that may be related to what I'm looking to have done:

BIFs/scripts.bif/Script, Source/k_con_darklow.nss

Checks if the player is slightly dark side.

BIFs/scripts.bif/Script, Source/k_con_lightlow.nss

Checks if the player is slightly light side.

BIFs/scripts.bif/Script, Source/k_con_def_buff.nss

Buffs the player at certain levels depending on class.

Would it be possible to somehow combine these scripts to give buffs depending on what alignment and level the character is? For example, a Jedi Guardian would have

Light side:

Level 16 = +3 Charisma

Level 17 = +3 Constitution

Level 18 = +1d8 Damage

Level 19 = Immunity to Poison

Level 20 = +50 Force Points

Dark Side:

Level 16 = Immunity Poison

Level 17 = +50 Force Points

Level 18 = +3 Charisma

Level 19 = +3 Constitution

Level 20 = +3 Strength

I didn't include the classes' natural bonus for each alignment because I know I'll just get that one naturally.

Do you mean without receiving the same bonus over and over again?

Otherwise, having the check happen over and over again would be beneficial so that the bonuses would be obtained whenever the player reaches the level.

(Still talking in the dark here, please don't get mad.)

@rickyl3

Exactly. The checks are not a problem, but on the other hand we don't want to keep adding bonuses over and over. You might find yourself at 100+ constitution and going higher and higher. It'll cause many aproblems for you. So yeah, basically, you're gonna want to find a way around that

@Giantmonkey

... oh yeah.. that could work... if there are enough slots

I don't suppose there is some kind of stop script or something?

Or if there is some script that checks if the buff is already in effect and stops that check from occurring again?

Or if it is possible / would help to set up another check (one that is impossible like "the player is a droid") with the "False" result being to stop the other checks?

I'm guessing that there probably isn't one / it wouldn't help because one of you more script fluent people would probably have suggested that already. Tell me if this hot air conjecturing of mine is pointless.

@Giantmonkey

... oh yeah.. that could work... if there are enough slots

Well, you only need to use one. You just have multiple items; one give the first bonus, one gives the first two, one gives the first three, etc. Then you switch them out with your script as necessary. I'm just not sure as to the extent of what can be done with the hidden slots, I've never used them much.

Archived