Home

The squad's armor is glowing like a light!

Gamma097

I was playing through the Geonosis campaign and when I got to the part where you needed to turn on visor mode. I turned my night vision off and looked at 40 and 62. They were easily visible, but their guns and other attachments weren't. In other words, not just the visor is glowing, the whole commando is glowing. Is it the textures, the shaders, the pixel shaders? Look at these pictures:

picture.php?albumid=445&pictureid=4098

picture.php?albumid=445&pictureid=4099

If anybody knows what is going on here, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

thats what happens when you mod RC

The copy of RC that I have belongs to a friend of mine. Maybe if I get my own copy then reinstall the game with that CD key, then maybe this problem and my inability to join or spectate MP matches will be solved!

and how did hooper get banned?

I have no idea.

I was playing through the Geonosis campaign and when I got to the part where you needed to turn on visor mode. I turned my night vision off and looked at 40 and 62. They were easily visible, but their guns and other attachments weren't. In other words, not just the visor is glowing, the whole commando is glowing. Is it the textures, the shaders, the pixel shaders? Look at these pictures:

picture.php?albumid=445&pictureid=4098

picture.php?albumid=445&pictureid=4099

If anybody knows what is going on here, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

Definitely looks like the game isn't reading the shader file for the commandos. In a game like RC, if you don't include a shader, the characters/objects/everything will look exactly the same the whole game.

Only thing I can think of is reinstall the game, and see if that fixes it. You might just lose your save data, but it'll keep your commandos from "glowing like a light!"

Only thing I can think of is reinstall the game, and see if that fixes it.

I guess I'll try that. Thanks.

so if i took my custom skins and made a shader for it, it wouldnt glow? thats it?

Probably. But how do you make a shader of a texture?

EDIT: I just reinstalled RC. No such luck. Oh well. Maybe if I got another copy of RC, then I could reinstall with that copy of the game and hopefully the game would work right.

NEVERMIND

it isnt a shader problem, its a problem where when you replace a texture, for some reason, the pawn uses the shader as its skin(nolight and dark differences).

EDIT: i figured it out!!! first, go to the clonecommando07 texture and rightclick, properties. then open hidden. next, see the thing that says

textures'clonetextures'clonetextures'clonecommando07 ? copy it. then open

up the actor classes and find pawn. then ct pawn, then republic, then

clonecommando. then cloncommando 07 and open its properties. open the display tab and skins. it should say shader'clonetextures'clonetextures'clonecommando07 overwrite it with what you just copied

because when you edit the textures,it thinks it should use the shader which has no light and dark

Archived