Home

Exile Soundsets

VarsityPuppet

I'm sure this has been asked before... but would it be possible to make a mod which adds soundsets for the Exile?

Yes, I know there is a mod that takes the sounds from K1 and puts 'em in K2, but let's say I don't particularly want to use KSE everytime...

So, if there's a way accomplish that, I think it would be greatly appreciated by not just me, but many more.

Also, instead of getting the VOs from k1, it might be cool to record new soundsets from willing Voice Actors.

• 4 weeks later...

There was a mod that restored the cut sounds that WERE recorded for TSL. (I could never get it to work even with a freshly installed game). However, the person who created the mod was Pikmin/Darth Balor and Filefront stripped all his mods out of their hosted files due to his actions with other mods he put up. Still need KSE though.

Hm.... I have no idea other than that.

There was a mod that restored the cut sounds that WERE recorded for TSL. (I could never get it to work even with a freshly installed game). However, the person who created the mod was Pikmin/Darth Balor and Filefront stripped all his mods out of their hosted files due to his actions with other mods he put up. Still need KSE though.

Hm.... I have no idea other than that.

I had no idea that there ever were sound sets for the Exile. Did he recover them off of the game disc?

Edit: A few minutes on Google and I found a copy of said mod. Unless the one I found was an older version, he just took Revan's sounds from K1 and reused them. I don't recognize the female sounds well enough to confirm (though one or two does ring bells), but the male sounds (at least, those that haven't been damaged, not sure how he managed that, but it might have something to do with the fact that the male/female sound sets aren't even the same format) are definitely Revan.

(at least, those that haven't been damaged, not sure how he managed that, but it might have something to do with the fact that the male/female sound sets aren't even the same format)

Wait, I'm confused. :confused: When I uploaded the mod to FileFront they were the same format. Could you link to the page where you downloaded it?

I'm wondering though, if it's possible to assign the soundsets for the exile WITHOUT using the Kotor Savegame Editor.

No, I tried a bunch of different things, but I couldn't figure out what made the PC in K1 have "battle cries".

I see a thing on YT where shem uses Malak's K1 voice for male Exile...those files are actually on TSL?

Yep, most K1 "battle cries" are in TSL. (With the exception of party members who aren't in the second game)

Wait' date=' I'm confused. :confused: When I uploaded the mod to FileFront they were the same format. Could you link to the page where you downloaded it?[/quote']

I was referring to this:

There was a mod that restored the cut sounds that WERE recorded for TSL. (I could never get it to work even with a freshly installed game). However, the person who created the mod was Pikmin/Darth Balor.

As far as I can tell, it's just an incomplete variant of the mod that you have released, which, by the way, works just fine. :thmbup1:

As far as I can tell, it's just an incomplete variant of the mod that you have released, which, by the way, works just fine. :thmbup1:

Hehe, :lol: I guess that's what I get when I start reading a topic in the middle. Lesson learned. :xp:

And, a mod for the soundset without the KSE would be very easy to do with the Kotor Tool....

Really? How so?

Archived