Home

"Warezed Copy Detected" on Legal Copy...?

Grets Sirob

It's been ages since I've been on this forum... Now I'm back with an issue I'm not sure how to resolve.

I recently reinstalled Jedi Academy, as I'm restarting a map project for it. I started out with single player, just to get a feel for the game, and then moved into multiplayer to start my project. For ease, I decided to create an .ISO of both game cd's, and after reinstalling from the .ISO (as it wouldn't let me load from the different drive letter of the virtual drive), loaded up MP. Started a private server with bots and... Got the "Warezed Copy detected" screen. How do I get rid of that, and how do I make sure my IP isn't banned or something by Raven?

Any suggestions for how to proceed? Is it possible to play JA with an .ISO, or am I out of luck there? Either way, is my IP now banned from playing online, and, if so, how do I get it unbanned?

Your help is greatly appreciated! :)

I don't recall seeing an error like that ever before. It sounds quite fishy to me. I use ISO's of my own CD's and encounter no problems with MP. Are you sure you arn't using some mod or crack? Perhaps you have a virus or something? There is no central server that Raven can ban you from everything ala Valve/Steam, so that is definitely not the problem.

Make sure you don't use any Warez as it may contain viruses. Make sure to scan (or get one) with your anti virus program. Check your computer for spyware as well.

A screenshot of the error message might help too. Press the Print Screen Button, and then you can paste it into Paint and save it as a jpg.

No mods or cracks... Just the update. I do have one mod... Old School mod, but it isn't in the base directory itself. I did uninstall it once and then reinstall from the .ISO... but that shouldn't cause a problem. No Warez at all. I'm also of the opinion that warez is trouble. :p

If it pops up again, I'll get a screenshot and put it up here... It shows up in-game just before it attempts to load the map. I'll go ahead and check for spyware, etc., as well.

Archived