Home

sides/munge help?

HockeyGoalie35

Did you read Getting Started.doc? If you did everything it told you, and there is still no sides folder, just remunge. If it does it again, reinstall.

I also recommend using THIS thread. You can still find some useful stuff, even though you can't register a new account.

ok, first i use visual munge to make a map. then i copy all the republic assets and make a REP side in my sides folder. i then use gimp to edit the skins i want and when i save, i uncheck the RLE compression. then i go to map_abc/build_/sides and i go to the REP folder and click the munge thing

Therein lies your problem. After you're done making changes to the map, you go to

data_abc\_build\Modtools VisualMunge.exe

You munge the map twice, once to make it, and once to put it in-game.

In VM now:

Make sure "Common" is checked.

In the "Sides" dropdown box, select the side you want munged, or select EVERYTHING.

After you're done editing the skins.

1)Go to "C:\BF2_ModTools\data_ABC\Common\scripts\ABC".

2) Open ABCc_con.lua. This is where the game's functions are, like which sides/units show up in-game.

3) Go down a bit. You'll see the line

ReadDataFile("SIDE\\rep.lvl",

Add a dc: before SIDE\\. It should look:

ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\rep.lvl",

This tells the game that it is a customized side, something you've made changes to.

4) Save it. Munge the way I told you before. Notify of any further problems.

Did you backup the default side? Always do that. To properly replace the side, go to:

"[Your SWBFII Directory]GameData\DATA\_LVL_PC\SIDE"

Backup rep.lvl, and replace it with the rep.lvl from

"[Your SWBFII Directory]\GameData\addon\ABC\data\_LVL_PC\SIDE"

If you've done that, and it still fails, run the game and Private Message me the contents of your BFront2.log

Archived