Home

Unable to use mdlops

jebiluu

I'm having an issue with mdlops where whenever I try to convert a .mdl file to an ascii version to use in gmax the file will not convert. I tried using the read model then write model buttons and it says finished writing model, but the file never shows up in my source folder. In most threads I've read people say to use the read and write model button, but when I use that button the cmd prompt screen sits on reading binary model and doesn't do anything. I do not receive any errors or anything, it just doesn't work. I haven't been able to create a single ascii file to use in gmax. If I'm doing something completely retarded I would appreciate any help I could get.

I'm having an issue with mdlops where whenever I try to convert a .mdl file to an ascii version to use in gmax the file will not convert. I tried using the read model then write model buttons and it says finished writing model, but the file never shows up in my source folder. In most threads I've read people say to use the read and write model button, but when I use that button the cmd prompt screen sits on reading binary model and doesn't do anything. I do not receive any errors or anything, it just doesn't work. I haven't been able to create a single ascii file to use in gmax. If I'm doing something completely retarded I would appreciate any help I could get.

What file are you trying to convert?

This could possibly be a model that Mdlops has trouble with... As these apps are made by ppl in there spare time.. there can be any number of incompatibilities. Also if the file is big it could take a bit for the CMD to read the entire file...

Well, not sure why its not working out for you. But here's somet hings I can think off.

Make sure you have both the MDL and MDX file, else MDLops won't do anything.

What sort of models are you trying to compile?

Weapons, head or body models ?

Weapons and items should go pretty fast, heads and bodies could take a bit more time, though nothing outragious.

Another thing is, MDLops could need to use a Microsoft .framework set... I can't remember all the details, but many small programs for Kotormodding needs these to work properly.

What version are you using? 0.6 alpha 4 or 0.6 alpha 1 or oldest one 0.5

You got animations on ?

I'm using 06a1, and trying to make convert head models. It's not doing anything after 30 minutes so I was assuming that was abnormal. Do the MDL and MDX files have to be in the same source folder? Because I have them in two seperate folders right now. Animations turned on, skin to trimesh off. I have net framework 3.5, and I'm guessing it works good enough because I have no issues with kotor tool.

I'm using 06a1, and trying to make convert head models. It's not doing anything after 30 minutes so I was assuming that was abnormal. Do the MDL and MDX files have to be in the same source folder? Because I have them in two seperate folders right now. Animations turned on, skin to trimesh off. I have net framework 3.5, and I'm guessing it works good enough because I have no issues with kotor tool.

Yeah you have to have them in the same folder.

Archived