Home

MISE "Texture not Found!" Please HELP!!!!!!!

broy

Hello

I'm trying to play The Secret of Monkey Island (Special Edition). When I enter the game, I get a yellowish background* with "Texture not Found!" written on it.

The text and audio work very well.

I run Windows Vista 32 bits and have an ATI Radeon HD 3470.

What I tried to do:

-Installing DirectX 9 although I already have DirectX 10

-Installing .Net Framework 3.5

-Updating Graphic Card Drivers

-Disabling Graphic Card Driver and running the game.

-Running the game as Administrator.

-Running the game with all compatibility modes.

* This is a screenshot of what I'm getting:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2777/mise2009071617442048.jpg

Please Help:confused:. I really want to play this game!!

Thanks in Advance :)

If all else fails, have you tried deleting the game and downloading the files again? If I remember correctly you can do this by right clicking the game in Steam.

I have a vague memory of a file checking option in there too, where you can ask the game to check it matches the version on the server (ie: find missing files, etc). I don't know if this works for non-Valve games though.

• 3 weeks later...

The first time i started the game it worked just fine on my vista 64bit laptop with ATI 4570. The second time i had the problem you described. The only thing i did in between was watch a movie on the hdmi connected tv...

I figured that connecting that extra screen for the first time may have messed up the ati configuration for the primary screen or something so I went looking for texture related settings in the ATI Catalyst control application.

I (re?)enabled "Support DXT texture formats". Now MISE works fine.

Since then i've connected a second screen several times and I haven't had any problems with MISE afterwards.

Archived