Home

n00b question

Fluffybunny123

I want to install a mod, and as this is my first time, i don't know what to do. where do i find the override folder? Ive looked, but i can't find it :confused:. if this helps, im using windows 7.

The first game has the Override folder by default, and you can find it in the folder that has all the game data.

The second game doesn't come with the Override folder. You either have to make it yourself, or update your game.

Oh, and if your game comes with a .exe file, run that, follow instructions, and the mod will be installed automatically. Those mods won't work unless you use the .exe file.

ok, i found it. I just downloaded the weapons of the old republic mod and im using 7 zip to extract it. problem is, i don't know how to back up my files (yes, i know, total n00b) how exactly do i do this?

All you have to do to back up files is save a copy of it somewhere on your hard drive. The only file I could think of you might want to back up would be the dialog.tlk, and I don't even think the Weapons of the Old Republic uses that file.

im trying to extract my mod with 7 zip and it isn't working. any ideas why?

If it's the "Freeware Program" are the 30 day Trial Version, you may have to download it again. Sometimes you can get corrupted files during the download. If you bought it somewhere local, well I'm not sure what you can do about that except take it back to where you bought it; if it's not working at all.

You also might wanna try the latest version of "WinRAR." It's what I usually use to extract compressed files and I've never had any problems with it.

Hope this helps.

Another handy program, I use for extracting things like .rar, .7zip or just regular .zip files is Izarc. Infact this little thing unpacks a lot more then just these formats, but I never encountered those.

The best part it's free! So it doesn't nag about paying or user time running out :p

Another handy program, I use for extracting things like .rar, .7zip or just regular .zip files is Izarc. Infact this little thing unpacks a lot more then just these formats, but I never encountered those.

The best part it's free! So it doesn't nag about paying or user time running out :p

Oooh! Oooh! Did you say free. Well your talking my language now and you say it doesn't nag you after 30 days.....that sounds a hellva lot better than "WinRAR".

Thanks for recommending that Quanon. I'm gonna give it a try. ;)

Archived