Home

TSL guns

vanir

It's mostly that stupid heavy repeater I can't stand but most of the guns in TSL aren't real good visually.

It's hard to find stuff to mix and match, some new gun models are the insta kill version (there's a DL 44 that looks right, but is just over the top with stats, mods and construction complications).

I'm just looking for a visual fix of most of the guns in TSL. I like the way in the OT movies the guns are based on firearms to give a realistic look on camera to the weapon (also helped with muzzle flash being blank firing I suppose), I prefer a repeater being a tricked out M60 or MG42 rather than that crazy thing in game. Most of the other guns aren't too bad I suppose, but the heavy repeater is a real eye sore.

Have you seen these?

T.W.O - Heavy Blaster Pack

T.W.O - Blaster Rifle Pack

T.W.O - Heavy Repeater Pack

As far as the DL-44 goes, are you referring to Mono_Giganto's Upgrading DL-44 Blaster Pistol? If you wanted the models to overwrite the defaults, you could just use the MDL files plus textures. You'd need to change the filenames and hex edit the MDL files.

I'd convert the DL-44 and DH-17 I did for a K1 mod to TSL, but my desktop died last week and I'm currently eking out an existence on my laptop.

Ouch on the computer desintegration, damn mandalorian gremlins.

And thankyou for the links, I just noticed those at KotorFiles, they're new and are indeed a terrific improvement. Installed with much happiness.

I did always want to use the DL44 models to replace the heavy blaster pistols (there are a few DL44 models in that mod because of its upgradeable base stats, which is perfect to ad-hoc some simple model changes for the stock heavies).

But this trick you mention, "hex edit the MDL files" is something I'd guessed at ignorantly and I've no idea what I'd be doing there. The filenames I could change.

Is this "hex editing" complicated, requiring gimp and so on, or just a matter of editing something in wordpad or kotortool which I can do. My graphics skills are...like trying to understand textspeak and not even being able to read english to start with. You may have to etch the instructions into a hammer and just beat me about the skull with it.

I'll PM mr gitano and see if he might be willing to offer a version which simply uses his terrific, awesomely well done DL44 models simply to replace the stock heavy blasters. I should think this mod version would be even more popular than his original one.

Archived