Home

Scripting Problem

Seth Clearwater

Okay so you've got two folders the Ktool needs to know about, the project folder where the nss file is and the game root directory where the exe is.

The way you do this is after you've copypasted the nss script into Ktool, or otherwise written it out in Ktool, you save it to the project folder as an nss script under the name you're going to use for the ncs compilation. Now Ktool knows where the saved nss file is for compilation reference (it won't compile unless it knows there's a saved copy in nss somewhere).

Then you hit compile. Then save as an ncs to the project folder. Now you've got a copy of both nss for source reference and the ncs.

Okay so you've got two folders the Ktool needs to know about, the project folder where the nss file is and the game root directory where the exe is.

The way you do this is after you've copypasted the nss script into Ktool, or otherwise written it out in Ktool, you save it to the project folder as an nss script under the name you're going to use for the ncs compilation. Now Ktool knows where the saved nss file is for compilation reference (it won't compile unless it knows there's a saved copy in nss somewhere).

Then you hit compile. Then save as an ncs to the project folder. Now you've got a copy of both nss for source reference and the ncs.

I have the nss file folder saved in the mod folder and then I hit compile and I have to "name" it, because for whatever reason it doesn't automatically compile...

ie

open---> consular.nss

brings up the script

script is for K1

compile

Save Document as---> consular.ncs

Lookup path root set to: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\
Error: Couldn't initialize the NwnStdLoader

The odd thing is the error should come up when you compile, not save but to my quite limited knowledge still could be what I'm saying.

Just in case try this:

open--> consular.nss

brings up the script

script is for K1

save as--> consular.nss

overwrite? yes

compile

save document as--> consular.ncs

Archived