Home

Area model export problems

Canderis

Blast. That's rather disturbing... :-s

Did you use extrude on an edge? Extruding on edges is bad voodoo in my book. Had nothing but trouble with it. Crashing Max or Kaurora.

Did you have one Mesh, which was hard to shape, you know, you messed around with a lot, before it looked what you wanted it to look like?

Those are often the ones, you worked long on, did many extrudes, bevels and what not on. You can't even remember :p

Try to leave out, Meshes you suspect to cause trouble. See if it exports out then and can be compiled with Kaurora. Its a boring task, but sometimes its just this 1 mesh, you need to remake to get everything working.

I have also had bad experience with moving verts around manually. You have to be careful if you do that, as to not overlap meshes.

For example I had a floor mesh that was not quite right. So I edited verts and moved them around to get a more desired look, but I accidentally moved a vert in a way that caused meshes to overlap. Max crashed on that, took me forever to find out where the issue was.

• 2 weeks later...

That's strange... a whole new scene? And it crashes again?

There must be something you do "wrong", to cause the crash.

Allthough mystery crashes are not that uncommon. Sleheyron Market area, part Z, comes to mind. A model I only corrected UVW maps on, export goes fine and BLAM, Kaurora gives you the middle finger... And the model worked before perfectly in the game >_<

You get so tired of those blasted "bugs". Anyway, you have some screenshots of your model in 3Ds Max, perhaps a certain object you find suspicious yourself?

Without seeing, there's not much Dis or me can say or suggest.

New problem. I made a new area. A box. It worked perfectly. Then I made the box into a hallway and added rooms. Nothing fancy, just extrudes and hinges. But now the area loads into the game, then after a few seconds (it varies every time) it goes black.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Black? Never had that happen... o_O

Did you fill in the sunambient& diffuse in the .are. Or only used a AuroraDlight?

IF you go out of reach, or the AuroraDlight gets blocked, then well, things go black :D

Then again, if you filled in the .are, there shouldn't be any blackness at all :-s

EDIT: I spammed visitor messages with some fixes for your previous area :)

Archived