Home

Bastila's personal quest killing romance?

Darth_Rurik

I've noticed that no matter how many times I've played through this game, every single time I've completed Bastila's personal quest prior to finishing her romance it kills her romance dialogue from that moment on. I don't know if this is a glitch or not, I've tried searching but the only results I ever get are for the infamous kiss bug, which I have a mod that squashes that bug for me. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

^^ I cannot confirm or deny this.

I feel as though you may not have advanced the romance portion far enough before finishing her mother's quest.

I cannot recall if this mod would fix this for you or not, but I know that it contains some fixes for Bastila's dlg tree, and gives you a chance to talk about her mother/father after finding daddies holocron.... look for Bastila's Extra Tatooine Dialog, or something along those lines, on KFiles.

Sadly no, though I do have that mod. It's truly annoying, the only way I've found to complete the romance and her personal quest is to avoid the latter until I've completed her entire romance, which means an extra trip to Tatooine, and having to avoid having Bastila anywhere near the messenger spawn points.

Well, interestingly enough, I recall a dialogue mod that allowed you to advance through the dlg arc w/all your crew w/o having to gather all the experience. If you could find that, at least you could skip the whole "extra trip" to Tatooine. Since you've already played the game numerous times and should know the story inside-out by now, that shouldn't be any real big deal.

I've used that mod before, I usually still wait until I've completed the game far enough for what they're saying to make sense though, for instance it doesn't make much sense for Bastila and Carth to be talking about the council and the star maps when you haven't even left Taris. XD I know, it's weird, it's just something that irks me to hear dialogue that doesn't fit with what's going on.

^^^ yeah.

Oh, also DR, I think that I have avoided this issue in the past by simply talking to Bastila at every level up (and making the appropriate romance choices) as well as at take-off and landing at each planet. That should do it, honestly. Just do some planet hopping early in the game, rather than doing the planets serially. You can avoid starting the main quest and still check things out, ya know, go shopping. Kill something.

I usually head to Yavin, best place for getting the conversations out of the way by boarding and exiting the Hawk when you want to avoid pesky messengers since they won't show up there, that way there's no risk of the pit rancor's messenger getting in the way of my romance. Main reasons I'm interested to know if this is a glitch like the kiss glitch or something intentional is if it's the former I'd like to know what to modify in order to fix it, and if it's the latter I'd still like to know what to modify, and if it's something to do with doing the light side or dark side path for the quest squash the dark side discrimination, because evil people need loving too.

Archived