Home

TGA won't work?

Dak Drexl

Ok, so I just reskinned a head and I wanted him to use Disciple's clothing so I just named the reskinned head's (PMHH01) .mdl's, .mdx's, and .tga's to "P_DiscipleH". That should work. When I get him in-game, the head is there fine but with the old texture. Also, my DS texture that I made WORKS. This has actually happened before, but why? I don't see any reason why it should happen.

Ok, first, IIRC, unless your having it as a brand spankin' new head model for someone other than Mical to use, you don't need to extract the mdl and mdx files. Second, an easy way to test your skin is just to name it exactly the same as the original texture. (ie original texture is P_DiscipleH01, your texture should be P_DiscipleH01.)

If its gonna be a head model for someone else, you'll want to hex edit the head model to use the new texture. All you have to do is open up the .mdl file with your hex editor of choice, then change all instances of the original texture name with your new texture name. Note that it must (and i cannot stress this enough. :carms:) be the same amount of characters as the original texture. can't have it as blahblah.tga, then make a new one called blahblahblah.tga

an easy way to test your skin is just to name it exactly the same as the original texture. (ie original texture is P_DiscipleH01, your texture should be P_DiscipleH01.)

Well that's exactly what I did and it doesn't show up, which is just weird. When I test my DS transition skin of the same name (just with d1 at the end) that, on the other hand, works.

Edit: Eh, it doesn't matter anymore. With your help I got it fixed. It's just weird that it wouldn't show up! Anyway, thanks Trigger.

another thing to consider, is that in TSL, the heads.2da file has an extra column for an alternate texture. If you copy the Disciple's line and make a new one with the default head model, just use your LS texture name (numbers and all) in the alttex column, and the DS texture names as you already would. This way, you shouldn't have to overwrite Mical's default appearance.

Archived