Home

Rifleman Jedi or Pistoleer Jedi... or Hardcore mod?

zhandao

Now that TSLRCM 1.5 is out I'm gonna do another replay. I believe I've played Kotor2 twice and Kotor1 twice so I'm a bit tired of lightsabers. I'm thinking of going gunslinger, so are either of the two gun types massively underwhelming?

Or on the flip side, I could do a lightsaber build with a modded game. Does anyone know if the "hardcore" mods are compatible with TSLRCM (then I would play another /sigh lightsaber Jedi)? Super Enhanced sounds interesting, with "realistic" lightsaber and blaster damage. Or Achilles seems to be a balanced romp as well.

No, though I prefer pistols, gunslinger works fine as long as you pick up the neccesary feats (namely deflection without lightsabre, and the line of feats that let you prevent your shots being deflected). Oh, and getting sneak attack can be extremely usefull as you'll probaly want to stun enemies as much as possible anyways.

I would imagine that being a gunslinger of any sort would be easier in K2 where you have upgradeable pistols and such, plus it's an easier game anyway. K1 would perhaps be harder because it's not so easy to become and all-singing all-dancing destruction machine. Still do-able I imagine though if like mur'phon said you get the right feats and set it up OK.

For the second point, I've only played Shem's super-enhanced of the ones you mentioned, and it is much more realistic definitely. However it also makes the game considerably harder, so I've taken to playing it with the invulnerability cheat turned on :p But if you're looking for a challenge as opposed to me playing mainly for storyline and such, then I imagine any of them would be a pretty good choice.

I've been playing Rifleman on a TSLRCM installation with Achilles' Balance Mod. So far it's been pretty balanced. I'm leaving Telos with maybe 2-3 fight reloads, but a bunch of challenging fights where one or two of my party is unconscious.

Actually K1 is easier because with gear (especially implants) and force powers you can boost dex to insane levels (jedi robes have in reality no max dex bonus), add speed and the defence power I can't remember and even Malak will almost never hit you.

Archived