Home

Back at the gate in the swamp...

Gooch

I am having trouble giving key and other items back to myself so I can get through the gate a second time without messing up the space time continuum.

I have jumped through the hoops to open the gate the first time, follow the time directions around the swamp, but when I get back to the gate, I can’t talk to myself, unlock the gate from my side, or give the key to myself on the other side (which is what I think I need to do). Is there some weird command to do this or a strange position I need to be in…It took me a while to wiggle up next to the gate the first time to get it open the first time.

Or do I need to do something else first?

Thanks for the help.

I think I did that. It was:

Talk

Key

Rope

Gun

Talk

Open Gate

Chicken Pulley

I did note that it changed some times, but I was keeping track of that. I’ll keep trying, but it is like that game stops functioning at this point…that and I can’t figure out how to give something…I’ll talk and then nothing happens…I'll try and select the key and use it (give it) but I don’t think I am doing the commands properly. I want a give object button! What is the proper procedure to give something? I guess that is what I can't do.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Gooch (edited May 03, 2001).]

Guest grannen

You might have a bug that sometimes occurs here. Try to reload an earlier saved game and start from there.

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes_2.gif and Grannen

No Luck, I still have the same problem. My only options seem to be:

Talk to Guy

Open Gate

Use Key

Use Key on Gate

When I talk nothing happens

Open gate - it is locked

Use Key - you need a lock

Use key on gate – can’t reach it…

Any suggestions? I played the game from back in the town up to the swamp in case it was a glitch…

Thanks

I think I am dong something dumb like not “talking correctly.” Is there a trick to this? I think I should talk first, but then nothing happens and I don’t have any options on what to say…

Thanks

Guest grannen

First of all, I don't think you tell the truth when you say that nothing happens!

Because that means that your computer locks up completly and you have to reboot!

Something happens but what?

Are you whirled back to the beginning of the swamp, can you select a text line, do you get ANY response when you try to do something?

To say that NOTHING HAPPENS doesn't provide us much info to help you.

You have to make a note of how items were given at the first meeting, also select the correct text otherwise you can't continue at the second visit.

Everything has to be repeated in correct order the second time you arrive at the gate!

------------------

I click on “talk…”

He jams his pole into the swamp and stands there, and time goes by... That is it. I don’t get any pop up options, like “say…” and I can’t figure out if I should be doing something to get these up. As soon I try to do anything, he picks up the pole and I am back where I started. If I leave the board it starts over, of course, but I think there is a command that I do not know how to use to get him o actually interact with the other character.

nothing to do with the topic, but may i just say Gooch, that you are the most politest, nice, and quick learner newbie we had in a long time smile.gif <------compliment

------------------

nikosig.JPG

Geee, Why thanks…

I actually have spent some time on boards like this. I am actually a big fan of the UBB system. I find that it is much more user friendly than other BB’s. Thanks for the Kudos (spelling?) though Niko…

Now if I could just get this door open...

Guest grannen

There are two things you can do.

Go to http://support.lucasarts.com/ and download the patch 1.1 and/or reinstall the game again!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Grannen (edited May 03, 2001).]

Guest grannen

Originally posted by Gooch:

Geee, Why thanks…

I actually have spent some time on boards like this. I am actually a big fan of the UBB system. I find that it is much more user friendly than other BB’s.

We???

User friendly? biggrin.gif

Welcome, but you havn't met the the others yet!

------------------

Guest grannen

Gooch is running on a Mac OS and have problems.

Does anyone else using a Mac and can give him some advice or are there any specific problem with the Mac OS?

------------------

No Luck... I reinstalled the game, but i still have the same problem...

Maybe I'm just not doing something right, but i am never given the option to give stuff to the other guy or once I talk, what to say...

Oh well

Thanks again for trying...

to give him the item, use the item on him. i noticed you didn't mention you tried that in your list. you said you used it on the door and by itself and everything, but try using it on Guybrush (the other one) thats how you give it to him. i am on a Mac too.

to give him the item, use the item on him. i noticed you didn't mention you tried that in your list. you said you used it on the door and by itself and everything, but try using it on Guybrush (the other one) thats how you give it to him. i am on a Mac too, and have had no glitch problems. as far as i know, there are none for this part of the game. try what i said though. unless you just forgot to post you did, then there could be something quite wrong goin on here........ eek.gif heh heh heh....

-Bongo Man

I have a mac and the same problems as gooch. There is not an option "use key with guy" or whastsoever. Gooch described the problem pretty well.

Solution:

could somebody (Bongo Man •hint hint) upload a save right after passing the swamp please?

Hey Bongo Man,

Could you email me a copy of the saved game…That would be great, since I can’t get past this part…I can’t make the game give me the “give key (or whatever) to Guybrush” command…Sorry that I haven’t responded lately, I was away from my computer.

My email is needgame@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Archived