Home

Armband for Script Testing?

I'm working on scripting, mostly animations, and I was wondering if anyone knows of an armband mod that allows you to test your scripts. What I'm looking for is one for TSL. I have Darth333's Spawnband for KotOR.

I would see if I could do it myself, but I'm just starting.

~KG~

Err... I'll just provide the readme, it can explain more than I.

====================================================

Spawning armband

By Darth333

The idea to make this mod was given to me by Achilles. He once told me that it was annoying to look for proper dialog entries to test scripts rapidly and more particularily spawn npcs.

To get the armband in the game, type the cheat code: "giveitem spawnband" (without quotation marks) for the regular installation and "giveitem spawnbnd" for the mods compatible with the aiofpm ( i removed the a for accidental overwriting)

INSTALLATION/REMOVAL - 2 possibilities

=====================================================

If you want this mod to be COMPATIBLE with the AIOFPM v.3.0.1 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7313/ ) extract the contents of the following folder to your override directory: aiofmp_compatible

If you do not have the AIOFPM, extract the files contained in the non_aiofpm_comp folder to your override directory.

This mod will conflict with any mods other than the AIOFPM v.3.0.1, using the spells.2da file.

To remove, delete the files from your override folder.

THERE ARE 4 MAIN FUNCTIONS:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Add/remove original party members

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this new armband, you can add/remove party members from your party at anytime during the game. Simply activate the armband and make your selection.

In order to diminish the risk of screwing up the game, the remove function will only be available when your party members are normally available duting the game (ex. you will not be able to remove Zaalbar when is is a prisoner on Kashyyyk).

WARNING: I DON'T KNOW HOW THE GAME WILL REACT TO THIS USE WITH CAUTION. DO NOT COMPLAIN IF YOU SCREW UP YOUR GAME USING THIS: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

HOWEVER, THE GAME SUPPORTS THE ADDITION OF BASTILA AFTER THE LEVIATHAN ;)

IN ANY EVENT, SAVE OFTEN SO YOU CAN GO BACK IF YOU NEED.

2. Recruit custom npcs:

Select the npc you want to replace. You can also use it to recruit custom party members and remove your custom recruits from your party when you want.

For more info on how to recruit custom party members see: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131944

To use the add recruit function: open "ad_custom.nss" and replace my_npc_template by the name of the .utc file of the creature you want to recruit in the line:

string sTemplate = "my_npc_template"; 

DO NOT TYPE THE EXTENSION (.utc.) (Per Example, if you want to recruit dustil from the recruitable dustil mod, you have to type p_dustil and not p_dustil.utc).

Finaly, replace number 7 in the following lines:

RemoveAvailableNPC(7);
  AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(7, sTemplate);

by the number corresponding to the party member you wish to replace - see list included in script for quick reference.

Finally compile your script with HazardX script compiler (for download link and instructions on how to use the compiler, see: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129789

- using the compiler is no more complicated than a simple double click on an icon if you make a bat file - )

NOTE: to behave like a party member, the .utc file of the creature will have to be edited if taken directly from the game (see link provided above concerning recruitable mods)

To remove the custom, recruit, simply select the appropriate option in the menu.

3. Spawn npcs:

A third possibility is to spawn any creature you wish, including custom creatures, anytime during the game to test your mods and dialogues or for whatever purpose (i.e. you can spawn hostile creatures and fight against them if you wish).

How to use this: in the following line, simply replace my_npc with the name of the .utc file of the npc or creature you wish to spawn. DO NOT REMOVE THE QUOTES

SpawnNpc("my_npc"); 

and compile your script.

4. Test you scripts:

Paste your scripts in the following file: my_script.nss and compile.

Note: make sure you are in the same module as where you expect the event to happen when you select this dialog option.

Enjoy!

Updated: September 11, 2004

Archived