Home

Dragon age bug - help?

Darth333

With the new content I decided to give the game a new go but I'm running into an annoying bug ( it has happened in the past and suddenly disappeared but now it's back and I can't seem to get rid of it):

All the "rumour mongers" ( as they are called in the dialog fired with the script zz_rumour_debug ) now talk in an endless loop when I try to speak to them (this includes the Lothering bartender, the Gnawed Noble Tavern bartendter and the rumors topic for Bodahn is gone).

This makes the Favors for Interested Parties impossible to get or complete. All my past save games with other characters made when the dialog was working are affected too.

All the affected npcs use the same dlg file: main_rumour_man.dlg but when I open it with the toolset to check the conditionals, it appears as empty (?)

Anyone knows wtf is going on here?

All the "rumour mongers" ( as they are called in the dialog fired with the script zz_rumour_debug ) now talk in an endless loop when I try to speak to them (this includes the Lothering bartender, the Gnawed Noble Tavern bartendter and the rumors topic for Bodahn is gone).

All the affected npcs use the same dlg file: main_rumour_man.dlg but when I open it with the toolset to check the conditionals, it appears as empty (?)

The main_rumour_man.dlg file is empty in my toolset as well so I guess it's broken or missing in the toolset resource database. The actual DLG file used by the game has content though, so unless you export the DLG file from the toolset that shouldn't be the cause of the problem.

Some random ideas that come to mind...

If you've been exporting something from the Toolset make sure you've deleted all the extra files the Toolset insists on spitting out for some idiotic reason, since they can break plots and other game data if left in the override/toolsetexport folder which can cause problems such as what you mentioned.

If you've installed ÐA:Awakening and are using older 3rd party mods made by someone else, make sure it isn't one of those that are causing a conflict. You could temporarily turn off mods and see if the problem persists.

If you've been exporting something from the Toolset make sure you've deleted all the extra files the Toolset insists on spitting out for some idiotic reason, since they can break plots and other game data if left in the override/toolsetexport folder which can cause problems such as what you mentioned.

Ooooh! I have been playing and modding this game so sporadically, I've even totally forgotten about that folder...

Thank you! It solved the problem!

override/toolsetexport folder = :lightning

Archived