Home

TSL->K1 saber model trouble

jimbo32

Hey folks,

As a break from testing my Yuthura companion mod, I decided to port a few of the USM sabers over to K1. I've been following T7's saber tutorial, but it hasn't been coming out properly. This is what it ends up looking like:

saber1.jpg

saber2.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's something specific I need to do in order to port sabers from TSL to K1. Any ideas?

Excellent Canderis, thanks a lot.

{Snip} -RH

Edit: Hmm, it isn't working. Using the replacer function for mdlops seems to work fine. But if I use mdlops to convert the new model to ascii, and try to import to Gmax, I get the following error:

"-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Float"

I've tried it with the method Canderis posted above using a few different USM models, and they all come out pretty much the same as the above screenshots. Any suggestions?

A different problem, but I figured I'd re-use the same thread.

I was wondering about how to adjust the grip position on a new saber. Using the "replacer" function of Mdlops, I always end up gripping the new hilt right below the blade, which looks kinda dumb with larger hilts.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I think I've got it. I adjusted the z-position of the original hilt and planes in GMax, and imported the planes also when using the replacer. Although if there's an easier (or different) way, feel free to post it.

A different problem, but I figured I'd re-use the same thread.

I was wondering about how to adjust the grip position on a new saber. Using the "replacer" function of Mdlops, I always end up gripping the new hilt right below the blade, which looks kinda dumb with larger hilts.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I think I've got it. I adjusted the z-position of the original hilt and planes in GMax, and imported the planes also when using the replacer. Although if there's an easier (or different) way, feel free to post it.

I just adjust the Z coord's of the hilt. I never messed with the planes. Export then do a replace with an in game hilt. I never had any luck converting from one game to another (static blade no anim's). I convert hilt to ASCII adjust in gmax, then use the replacer function in mdlops. I always adjust the grip of the Anakin style hilts since they should be gripped by the rubber grips at the bottom of the hilt. Just not too far or else both hands won't be on the hilt when single wield.

But if you're just adjusting the z-coordinates of the hilt, don't you end up with part of the saber blade "inside" the hilt itself after you make the changes?

(Importing the planes didn't work, by the way. It borked up the saber so that it was always on when transitioning between areas.)

Archived