Home

Dungeon Siege III: Obsidian Square

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished Dungeon Siege III for the second time. First this is based on me playing the 360 version of the game. The game is not as terrible as some of the reviews make it out to be. Basically it reminded me a lot of Fable 2 only instead of dancing and farting the playable character actually has a voice. Of course the voice acting makes you long for dancing and farting.

Combat…as far as combat goes this is Fable 2 except to go from guns to swords you have to use a different playable character (which means a different save game). So far I’ve only played as Katarina. She is a range weapon character that does a little magic on the side. The guns are also exactly like Fable 2 right down to the animations.

The environments are also similar to Fable 2 and Fable 3, but on the beautiful side of things. Too bad with the view you are allowed there is no opportunity to really enjoy it (again just like Fable 2 and 3).

Story was nothing great, but I was entertained and Dungeon Siege III offered a bit of a escape from reality which is what I look for in a game. I was not looking for the vidya equivalent of War and Peace from Dungeon Siege III. I did expect a little more from Obsidian though. Don’t want to hear any Obsidian fanboys talking trash about BioWare’s stories after that final boss though. :xp:

My chief complaint is the game is short. Finished my last playthrough in about 13 hours and I know I did all the side quest because I got the “Perfectionist” achievement. It was my second playthrough, but even my first playthrough only took 17 hours and I only missed one short quest about the fishing hole.

Overall, I would recommend the game to anyone that either loves Obsidian games, someone that enjoyed Fable 2 or Fable 3 or a BioWare fanboy that just wants some ammunition the next time an Obsidian fanboy is talking trash about a BioWare game. ;) Seriously not great, but I did have fun playing it and plan at least 3 more playthroughs.

The environments are also similar to Fable 2 and Fable 3, but on the beautiful side of things. Too bad with the view you are allowed there is no opportunity to really enjoy it (again just like Fable 2 and 3).
Agreed :(

Story was nothing great, but I was entertained and Dungeon Siege III offered a bit of a escape from reality which is what I look for in a game. I was not looking for the vidya equivalent of War and Peace from Dungeon Siege III. I did expect a little more from Obsidian though. Don’t want to hear any Obsidian fanboys talking trash about BioWare’s stories after that final boss though. :xp:
Troll :xp:

My chief complaint is the game is short. Finished my last playthrough in about 13 hours and I know I did all the side quest because I got the “Perfectionist” achievement. It was my second playthrough, but even my first playthrough only took 17 hours and I only missed one short quest about the fishing hole.
You aren't going by the time on the save file are you, because I'm almost certain it's inaccurate.

FWIW, they did the same thing with AP: Shorter length but lots of encouragement for multiple playthroughs. I kinda like it, so long as they don't start doing it on every game.

Started my hardcore run last night. So far, there seem to be more mobs. The mobs are not only larger but have a more diverse mix (3-4 "hit points", a guy in heavy armor, a couple of archers, and a couple of guys with rifles). Too soon to tell, but I think this confirms my suspicion that the only way to get the level 30 achievement is to also get the hardcore achievement. :(

I was. Still short as I completed the entire game over the weekend and I wasn't just playing the game all weekend.
I agree that it is short. I think the actual time to complete the game (doing everything) is closer to 20-25 hours though.

Archived