Home

Crackling Sound?

M@RS

Hey guys. I switched to Ubuntu a few weeks back, and have been slowly re-installing certain games (that work) through Wine. Fortunately, Republic Commando was rated 'Gold' (runs almost completely perfect, with minor problems). Excited I quickly installed Republic Commando and moved my old save files from my Windows desktop into my Wine c: drive. For some odd reason, the sound crackles throughout the game. Making it unplayable. Afraid it was my speakers that had gone bad, I played some music and played a couple of other games. They all worked fine. So right now, it looks like Republic Commando is the problem. Help? I must admit, I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling because I hoped for a quicker solution. Google doesn't come up with anything related to my problem. Thanks for any light shed on this.

Yes, I changed everything I could and nothing worked. I even messed with my sounds drivers through Wine to see if it would make a difference, nothing.

EDIT: Ah, I got it. In the 'Audio' Settings to configure Wine I changed the option 'Hardware Acceleration' from 'Hardware' to 'Emulation'.

Archived