Home

Mandalorian Model Confusion

bryzz

ok so i did a few gmax tutorials and decided to edit the mandalorian model - i did some little tweeks and exported it - put the files in my override folder and started up the game - put on the mandalorian armor and it had no animations? it was in the render position but my weapon moved as usual

also in game the model was not changed it still looked like the original

It could be a lot of things. Maybe you exported wrong, maybe you deleted some of the bones by accident. Either way, your model is broken as you have it now, so you'll have to start from scratch as far as I know (which isn't too much :xp:).

It happens to all of us......

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Some worse than others!

revanfail.jpg

yeah i thought that - there are a bunch of pieces that dont look like the mandalorian armor i am guessing those are the bones which are in so many pieces

then the parts that look like the mandalorian armor also are in seperate pieces

left arm

right arm

head

and torso which is body an legs

i looked through the tutorials but i coulded find anything specific about what i was doing so i mixed and matched a few things to try to get it to work

i thought i was supposed to attach certain pieces together but i am so confused as to what i should be attaching to what that i just didnt attach anything

no i was just making a few tweeks

i wanted to put the arm with the large forearm piece on both sides

also i put the smaller shoulder pad on both sides

also i got ride of the multiple boxes on the belt

and i wanted to but didnt know how to put the leg with the larger lower leg piece on both sides

Well I could be wrong, but it sounds like you're adding stuff, right? If you are, you should follow this tutorial about adding geometry. I don't know if it's the same with body models, but it should pretty much be.

That would answer why your model wasn't animated also.

i didnt add anything - i took the left arm - copy - reflect - replaced the right with the reflected which i renamed to what the right arm was

Edit - i did the same thing with the shoulder pad

then i deleted a few vertices to remove the boxes on the belt

So you added to the right arm...

i didnt know that counted as adding

just for the future - am i supposed to be attaching the pieces together

for example the "bone" pieces (the ones that end in "_g", right?) to the ordinary armor pieces

and do i attach the arms and head to the torso piece and make it all one object

ok i am hiding anything that does not look mandalorian - im not merging models but im going to take a look at the tutorial because it is the closest thing to what i am doing (i think its the only tutorial with body models)

Archived