Home

custom animation help

malacka

Hello,

I would like to ask some help.

I want to make a specific training tool: a very simple droid-like thing what doesnt move just slash with saber.

I've figured out that it have to be an NPC but maybe Im wrong. If you guys have other idea pls share :)

So I've made the model and the skeleton and created the animation. They are very raw cos of testing purpose.

At this phase I stalled. What I need to do for make the custom gla file? My animation file is separated and I deleted the mesh_root. So I have 2 files: the animation file and the root.xsi.

What I have to do with assimilate? Pls someone write it step by step cos Im confused :)

Sry for my english.

Try this:

-When exporting your character, select the "mesh_root" object from your scene and delete it. (Also don't forget to check the export animations option when exporting)

-Launch assimilate, BUT add your ROOT.xsi model and double click on it (where it says single-player mode)...check "Keep motion bone" and "make it's own skeleton" change the path to "models/players/_humanoid/"the name of your new animation" dont name it _humanoid.gla!!!!

-You can also change the path so it points to your character dir (just make sure you remove c: )

-Next go to the "frames target" option (press + on the folder...) hit clear where it says ROOT do not change anything else (for now...maybe experiment later). If that worked you should see your new animations in modview.

If you want to make multiple sequences, you will need to outpout them to separate XSI files and batch compile them into a .GLA sequence, i don't have the details but it should be in the 2nd SDK .car files? or some released animation pack on http://jediknight3.filefront.com/

If you plan on using only one animation then you don't need to merge it with the _humanoid.GLA, instead just create a custom one with the saber attack.

An alternative would be an .md3, md3 has the animation contained within the file itself, altho i've never tinkered with them for JO/JA, it should be easy enough to do.

Archived