Home

XWA Graphics broken by FX 8600

CrisG

I had to upgrade my computer and video card from FX 7600 which did fine with XWA and the other games and now it looks awful.

I have a FX 8600 GT and i cant even raise the resolution from the most basic..it is grayed out. Is there any way to improve this? I had hoped to reload and replay the entire X wing series but may have to give it up. I dont know why Nvida keeps dropping support for older games...but it looks like it is pretty much gone for these. Any ideas?

When i first installed the game and added the XWAUpdate pack of improved ships i got basic polygons and no texture mapping at all int he hanger it was like a nightmare. so i unloaded and am trying with just the vanilla game but it is pixilated to heck, with little squares all over the station exterior and the ships.

• 9 months later...

OK Thanks Wildstar, i have since had to upgrade to a 9000 series FX card so i hope this dddraw dll will help. i found it and will try what you advise. thanks again. With the great improved ship models and many more improvements I really hope to be able to see all of this great game soon.

UPDATE : there is a fix a patcher and also the direct draw dll will help. Info on the X Wing Alliance Upgrade forum in the technical section in a sticky. Go to the latest pages to get it.

Archived