Home

Your favorite starfighter is???

Guest LinzT

hey there people?

i guess some of you where playing the SW starfighter simulations?

so, i wonder what your favorite starfighter is?

mine, for example, is the TIE MK2, you really could kick some rebel's out of space with that beauty!

LinzT

:tie:

Guest Mad_Dog

N-1T and NB-1T the LOOK AWESOME AND their ships look awesome

i could do some serious damage with 10 of each and 10 strike mecks and 10 destroyer mechs

Guest Mad_Dog

also the best starfighter EVER is the T/D, fast, agile, SHEILDED, decent warhead payload, not to mention the 4 lasers ans 2 ions

if the rebels had developed a way to mass produce these before Endor, the ENTIRE imperial fleet would have been decimated by multiple squads of Rebel T/D's

Starfighters are incredibly overrated, especially in the X-Wing series (books & comp games). They are ineffective for holding territory, have low armor, and their weapon yields are quite low. Their best weapons are heavy missile weapons (space bombs, and mag pulse weapons) and those are easily shot down by computer assisted gunners.

Starfighters are useful for 4 things:

Harrasment (more targets for gunners)

Precision strikes (Death Star exhaust ports anyone?)

Ground strikes (though airspeeders would be more maneuvarable, they don't sport as much weaponry)

Destroying enemy fighters

My 2 cents.

Favorite starfighter?

TIE l/n

Guest Admiral Odin
Originally posted by Mad_Dog

also the best starfighter EVER is the T/D, fast, agile, SHEILDED, decent warhead payload, not to mention the 4 lasers ans 2 ions

if the rebels had developed a way to mass produce these before Endor, the ENTIRE imperial fleet would have been decimated by multiple squads of Rebel T/D's

The T/D is an imperial not rebel so it would be reversed. If the imps massed produced them before Endor the rebels would have been killed.

The X-wing is my favorite fighter. but for those Tie Defender lovers out there here is a pic from a improved T/D form XWAU

tiedef2.jpg

They do some amazing work.

Originally posted by Rogue15

oh ya, i forgot about missile boat, but that's my dad's favorite when we play a lan co-op game-loads of missiles.

oh really? i think a missile boat is just cannonfodder for an agile fighter like (any) TIE (besides TIE BOMBER)(although such an dogfight s very unlikely) or the A Wing! once you're behind him, he's a goner 'cause he's much to slow and not good enough in making turns!!!!!!

but........ yeaah..... for atacking fleet's or big ones (mon calamaris or bases) it's the number one ship!!!!;)

Archived