Home

[KOTOR or TSL] Selkath playable character?

Darth Pheonix

Is there any way that someone could create a playable character similar to the HK-47 Melee/Saber mod giving the Slekath model animations for melee weapons and also ranged weapons (if they don't already exist) as well as giving it a unique set of skins for when it equips armor/robes as the Playable Sand Person Male mod. Would anyone be interested in creating this? This could be for either KOTOR or TSL, whichever would be easier. I would greatly appreciate it, and I bet others would appreciate it too, I hope... :thmbup1:

As far as I know there are no armour models for Selkath unlike the Sand People, who could be outfitted with such gear because their figure allowed for overwriting.

Actually, there is only one original model for the Sand person. I had to re-shape that one model into multiple different shapes that were similar to the standard armour models. I then had to retexture them all. Let me tell you, that was a HUGE task, and I haven't wanted to do it again.

But, you are correct that there is only the one model for Selkath. I don't know if it is possible to merge the animations from another model, like was done with the HK mod. It all depends on how the bones and rigging look; they would need to be the same as another model that does have all the animations, and I don't think that they are.

I was able to get away with doing the Sand Person, because it has all the animations (since it is wearable by the player).

You would have to matchup i the skeleton which could be a trial by error, but if done would be awesome!

How would you go about matching up the skeletons?

And redrob41 what do you mean had to re-shape it for the armour models, you mean like you took every amour model and put the sand person you edited into Gmax and edited the model to fit the armour? Please explain, so I have a better understanding, and maybe in time be able to attempt at it myself.

How would you go about matching up the skeletons?

Check out the Holowan Labs "Tutorials: Skinning and Modeling" section. There are two threads in particular:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=201655

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204353

Since I haven't tried to do it, I doubt I'd be able to answer any questions about those methods.

And redrob41 what do you mean had to re-shape it for the armour models, you mean like you took every amour model and put the sand person you edited into Gmax and edited the model to fit the armour? Please explain, so I have a better understanding, and maybe in time be able to attempt at it myself.

For full details, check out my WIP thread (link is in my signature). At about post #18 is where I started working on the Sand Person.

In short, I opened the S.P. model in gmax, and moved the verticies around. I also moved the uvw map nodes around a lot too. I then used Taina's replacer tool to make a working binary .mdl file. Basically, every new model is just a heavily edited version of the original S.P. model. The original armour models were only used as reference, and never merged into the S.P.

For the textures, I had to cut and paste sections of the original armour textures into the S.P. one (and matched it with the modified uvw maps). Because of all the repetition, I made some Photoshop "Actions". They are basically recording every tool and edit made, so it can be replayed on a new texture (the internets will have plenty of tutorials, some are even video).

Again, check out the WIP.

If you're going to attempt something like this, keep in mind that I started my S.P. in December 2007, and released it May 2008 (with LOTS of hours spent on it, rather than sleep :xp:). It certainly helped me get better at working with models, but it was a real slog through the mundane repetition.

Good Luck :D

Archived