Home

Mass Effect 1 Virmire Question

Darth Payne

Could you be a little more descriptive. Is this the section you're on (watch/skim whole thing)?

If you're thinking the door at the bottom of the stairs, it's the flip side of the entry into the facility if you enter from the far left (ie after taking out Krogan and geth, you go to the left down the sand instead of to the right and through the door). Was never able to get through that door either.

Huh, i talked to one prisoner in each batch. Which prisoner is it i need to talk to?
Okay, which prisoners are you talking about the batch closest to the sewer entrance or the batch closer to the main entrance? The ones closest to the main entrance by the elevator where you have to walk outside then back into the building, talk to Ganto Imness in the far left cell. There is no lock to his cell iit s unlocked by dialogue depending on if you trust him or not. You can then open the next cell or just kill the prisoners (again through dialogue), although there is no real point to it. If you are talking about the prisoners further in towards the sewer entrance, then talk to the prisoner in a cell towards the right (can’t remember if it is the far right cell or not. At the end of the conversation you can order (through dialogue) a crewmember to open the locks. This opens all the cells in the room so be warned.

Being able to make mistake like that would've made Virmire a little more realistic, i think.

Well, I guess you can always check if you can return the other way, past the geth/salarian welcoming committee and through any of the 3-4 big doors on the other side. ;)

I just hate seeing little red dots and not being able to kill them.

Absolutely.

Don't forget the stash of phat lute behind the stairs (the staircase is immediately through the door that your party member unlocks during the cutscene).
I was wonder what you were talking about, but now I get it.... From the sewer entrance. Can’t you get to that stash even if you took the other entrance? I think you can, but you can’t go beyond the door at the bottom of the stairs. Also like going the sewer entrance because of that cutscene and the decision with the alarms. The decision makes more sense to me to clear the entire building since you are trying to keep the guards from reinforcing those attacking Captain “hold the line” Kirrahe’s team.

I was wonder what you were talking about, but now I get it.... From the sewer entrance. Can’t you get to that stash even if you took the other entrance? I think you can, but you can’t go beyond the door at the bottom of the stairs. Also like going the sewer entrance because of that cutscene and the decision with the alarms. The decision makes more sense to me to clear the entire building since you are trying to keep the guards from reinforcing those attacking Captain “hold the line” Kirrahe’s team.
I suppose it's possible, but I don't know because I've never tried. :xp:

I think I took the entrance to the right the first time that visited Virmire and then never did so again. Nothing terribly interesting on that side. :(

Can’t you get to that stash even if you took the other entrance? I think you can, but you can’t go beyond the door at the bottom of the stairs.

I believe that is correct. That loot is good either way. Before you go up the stairs from the sewer...look behind the stairs. If you came from the other direction....don't go back upstairs from the locked door till you look behind the stairs.

I missed those containers the first few times i visited Virmire in the game, until i decided to try a more thorough search for a hidden console or switch to open that (nolonger blasted) door with.

I am now very detirmined to take the sewer entrance every damned time i go there from now on, it is just way more fun. (But i am *very* glad i can't actually smell what happens on screen. Krogan and salarian ****? ewwwwww)

Yeah, I've pretty much gone via the sewer the last few playthroughs (didn't notice that entrance till much later from when I first started palying ME). Not like you can't still take out the geth on the other side if you really want too, but it seems a little shorter as well. Besides, the loot behind the stairs is much better than what you get coming in from the geth side.

I only go back to the front entrance now if i happen to be on a fresh playthrough, in which case i need the EXP to level my characters.

Btw, have anyone noticed the Beserker X Heavy Armor for Wrex? A very odd looking set of armor in solid black/green, it looks kinda futuristic, even for Mass Effect.

Is that one of the Geth Armory products? Always stuck me as funny that none of Saren's Krogan wore them, but Morlan could sell them out of some Citadel back-alley.

Also, if the Krogan and the Turians hate each other so much, why are the majority of Krogan armors built by Turian makers? And why would self-respecting Krogans wear them?

Is that one of the Geth Armory products? Always stuck me as funny that none of Saren's Krogan wore them, but Morlan could sell them out of some Citadel back-alley.

It is indeed one of the Geth Armory items.

It never really made sense to me that you could eventually buy geth weapons and armor ingame when they're the enemies.

Also, if the Krogan and the Turians hate each other so much, why are the majority of Krogan armors built by Turian makers? And why would self-respecting Krogans wear them?

And yeah, it is kinda weird now that you mention it.

Maybe this happened due to a forgetfull developer?

Might have made more sense to have been able to pick it up as loot somewhere on Virmire or Noveria (or maybe near 1 of the Krogan you kill on Feros). Still, it really shouldn't be too odd to be able to pick it off a merchant, even Morlan. Still, I don't really recall runnng into some of the better armor for the humans (Cerberus, Jormund, etc..) when I've played the game. Mostly you had to "cheat" that into the game. Even the Phantom armor for Garrus was a bit hard to come by most of the time (at least in my playthroughs).

Archived