Home

USM compatability issues

greggomonkey

I as an avid modder and gamer have a lot of mods in my override folder.

However I didn't install USM first so all my other mods are not compatible to any degree.

So it occurred to me. Couldn't this all be solved with the Tsl Patcher? It would not be all that hard for someone who understands the patcher.

I have made no mods that were complicated enough for it so I have no experience. So, thoughts?

~greggomonkey

Most could be solved by the patcher, however the USM covers much more than sabers and .2da files. Many of the scripts, npc .utm, etc. are heavily modified as well.. many of which are shared by other popular mods :(

While the patcher can alleviate practically all of the .2da issues, .uti, etc.. some of the scripts, dlg files and .utm can still pose a problem. That and the sheer size of the mod makes Patcher-izing it a daunting task (not impossible mind you.. just daunting :lol: )

It's really the only regret I had when we first released it. We were pretty much in pre-release mode before the Patcher was born. Even some of the more advanced methods the Patcher uses weren't available at that time. :(

Rumors were, someone was working on creating one (and by all means have my blessing and I'm sure the others wouldn't argue).. but I haven't heard if it ever came to light.

I'll be honest, I don't know squat about the Patcher.

I just never needed it, all my mods don't require it. maybe when I come out with my great big mod later on in the year.

Either way, it would solve a lot of compatibility issues.

So, any volunteers? lol

~Greggomonkey

Archived