Home

x-wing collector's series installer attempting to install to nonexistant drive

starforge

Hi, I'm an X-wing-loving Vista 32-bit user who recently attempted the "Phantom Installer" fix above, which has helped me access the setup. However, once I access the setup, I recieve an error message reading "Invalid drive e:/ ", which puzzles me because, to my knowledge, I have never had an E drive, nor have i ever encountered this problem before. Any assistance would be greatly apperciated, and I will be sure to respond with additional information and thanks in as prompt a manner as i can =)

I am using the original disc, but when I attempt to start from the initial prompt, the disc informs me it is unable to run setup.exe, and that I should try directly running it from the disc, but that never works...if it helps, I'm using 32-bit Vista...

You might try a post on the XWA Upgrade forums, b/c I have no experience w/ scripting MSI installers; there's bound to be someone on those forums who can help you (maybe even Markus himself).

EDIT: You can also try changing the drive letter assignment of your optical drive to E:, which you can do in Disk Management (consult the Windows Help system for information).

Archived