Home

Question About Xwing95

sbolen29

Also as a test

I copied all the files in the /programfiles (x86)/LucasArts/Xwing95 folder

Moved them to a Temp folder on the desktop.

then deleted the /programfiles (x86)/LucasArts/Xwing95 folder

I reinstalled te game..

and my pilot was still there.. so the save must be somewhere else?

Given a pilot name of {name}, try a search for files named {name}*.* in the game folder (including all sub-folders), but pilot record files have had an extension of .plt in every game of the series since floppy disk X-Wing. And what I mean is if you named your pilot Wedge, do a search for files named Wedge*.* (in case Windows appended digits to the pilot name).

ya i understand totally what u mean... My pilot name is sean.. I did a windows search everywhere for sean*.*... and i manually searched the xwing95 folder and nothing... no .plt files at all.. only thing i found was a Pilot.LFD file in the resource folder... what dosent make any sense is how I can totally delete the folder xwing95 and reinstall and my pilot still shows up.. like its saved somewhere else.. but still the search shows up nothing

OK does this make sense?

If I run the game "not as administrator" It loads up and shows my pilot "sean" with my badges..

but there is no sean.plt in the games main directory.

Now if i run it as "Administrator" the game loads but does NOT show my pilot.. if i create a new pilot "while running as administrator" say "Wedge" when I exit out of the game it shows a wedge.plt in the game directory.

Now if I take the game and run it again as "not a administrator" it shows my character but there is still no sean.plt

any suggestions?

Sean

I'd try running the search w/ the game set both ways, first with "run as Administrator" then as not. You may also want to make sure you're logged into Windows as Administrator, b/c it might not let you use .plt files otherwise if you had been running the game as Administrator.

WHen i started playing the game.. i didnt use " as administrator" so my main pilot sean.plt wont show up on the main folder for somereason... but if I try to run the game "as administrator" sean pilot dont show up ingame.. and if i make a new one say wedge.plt it shows the wedge.plt in the game folder"as administrator" if that makes any sense lmao

computer logs on auto to my main account wich is my administrator account.. there is no other users... im going to try to load in safe mode see what happens

safe mode was a no go... just dont make sense..

If i make a pilot while playing the game as administrator.. it shows the pilot file in the game folder.

But the pilot that has all my medals and ect... dont show up.. and i do a search of whole computer and its no where to be found even showed hidden files and folders this is the pilot that i played the game with out running as administrator

If i run the game as administrator it dont show my main pilot... only when i dont run it as administrator.

so-

PLay as administrator -Pilot file shows in game folder

dont play as administator- Pilot file DONT show up in game file.. but can still load game... no clue where file is

hope im not confusing

sean

• 11 months later...

Archived