Home

Adding extra parts to a body.

Kelvin

Hello.

The question is:

Is it possible to take a wookie and add more messy hair all over his body? I just think wookies look as if they had a comb in their hut:mad:. If not, any idea on how to do it?

Thanks so much for reading and responding.

Kelvin.

• 2 weeks later...

I think, if you're really good with 3D-modelling, it's totally possible. You can do pretty much with all models exept the head-only ones. It's just a damn big bunch of work ;).

AFAIK head models are the only ones that get messed up with mdlops, making them close to impossible to implement in the game, when they got things added or deleted.

I think, if you're really good with 3D-modelling, it's totally possible. You can do pretty much with all models exept the head-only ones. It's just a damn big bunch of work ;).

AFAIK head models are the only ones that get messed up with mdlops, making them close to impossible to implement in the game, when they got things added or deleted.

Actually, not anymore :thmbup1:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2782165#post2782165

I take it that you're thinking of making all the NPC Wookiees look more like Zaalbar's messy hair model? His model has a bunch of extra triangle polygons where one edge is attached to his main body, and the opposite point sticks out. Perhaps you could try that?

• 2 weeks later...

Easy? Nope, I don't think so ;). Possible? Sure.

You could try to reshape head and hands (or whatever you like) and change the texture accordingly. Adding stuff should be possible too (miro42's tutorial should tell you how and with a full-body model you can skip the hex-editing completely).

No idea about dangly-mesh stuff. I have actually no the slightest idea how they work, sorry.

Archived