Home

New Placeable Tutorial

harIII

Ok, I've tried this too many times to want to try it again without a tutorial. I need someone to write up or record a tutorial showing me exactly how I can model a new object, export it, and load it up into TSL so that I can see it. I've tried it at least 5 times with no luck and I'm honestly clueless about the linking and exporting process. Can somebody please make this tutorial because as of now I'm at a complete standstill with this particular planet.

This isn't much of a tutorial but it's worked fine for new placeables I've made.

This is what Quanon wrote up for creating placeables.

Here are the steps what I do:

1) Model is ready

2) Import another simple placeable: like a bench or something

3) Delete the Bench model, but keep the aurorabase and the dummy, IIRC it's named Lookatme or along those lines, keep that as well.

4) Since your scéne is now clean, just drag a big selection box, in the NWmax menu: General Utils, hit Fast Linker. This links your model to the aurorabase.

5) Deselect everything, now just pick the aurorabase, use its export.

6) Don't worry about the name, it'll be Bench.mdl or something, but you can change that now or after the compile with MDLops.

7) Start up MDLops, load in your exported Bench.mdl, hit the read and write button.

It will now create a Binary MDL and MDX file for you

I've no idea about the size of your object, but you need a .pwk ( walkmesh of the placeable) to block players off.

We can't create that ourselfs yet, so you'll need to borrow one from another placeable.

Just use KotorTool to extract one and then you just rename it to the name of your new placeable.

Final step is to give it its .UTI file and you'll need to edit the Placeable 2DA; adding an extra row for this new puppy

Archived