Home

XWING 95 and Windows 2000

jblanc03

I need desperate help!

I have windows 2000 Professional PC with a 3dfx voodoo 5 5500 AGP Graphics card.

the Xwing 95, TIEFIGHTER 95 and Xwing Vs Tiefighter series games keep crashing to the desktop everytime i am about to start a mission/start the sim when 3D hardware is enabled.

If i switch to Software mode, it runs fine.

I have already tried the following:

* Downloaded and installed successfully the X-wing & Tie Fighter 95 Compatibility Fix found on lucasfiles.com

* I have tried different drivers for my 3dfx video card

* I have tried a complete uninstall and reinstalled the games.

I have tried playing with each setting on my video card drivers/tools.

Please HELP!

That hardware and OS are so old I don't know if I can help you. If you want, you can try your luck on the XWA Upgrade forums, but I can't promise they can help, either.

Moving to the "Tech Center" forum, BTW, where this thread belongs...you also posted another thread asking the same question in the "XWA Community Center" forum...that one has been deleted.

That hardware and OS are so old I don't know if I can help you. If you want, you can try your luck on the XWA Upgrade forums, but I can't promise they can help, either.

Moving to the "Tech Center" forum, BTW, where this thread belongs...you also posted another thread asking the same question in the "XWA Community Center" forum...that one has been deleted.

It should work because its old!

This is an old windows 95 game. So old Os and old hardware should work just fine.

I can play xwing alliance with no issues. Its just Xwing 95 and Tie Fighter 95 series that keep crashing to the desktop when i start the simulation.

There must be somone out there that has gotten these to work.

Archived