Home

Gungans

Compa_Mighty

Hi, first of all, if Mr. Gaber visits the forum, I want to say you are making A REALLY GOOD JOB with the game. It's just AWESOME!!!

I'll ceratinly buy it.

I only have one suggestion: I think Gungan units could be polished a little bit (all other civ's units are just great). For example: in this screenshot :

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/screens/0,10865,2798825-2,00.html

there's a kind of green mounted unit, beside the shield generator(which is very cool) that has a strange color, like if it was a unit from outside the game, also the gungan could be a little better. Just a suggestion, hope you take it into consideration.

Guest Sherack Nhar

I believe that it's because it's the player's color. And the screenshot is a bit blurry, too (not to mention small).

Guest ZeroXcape

Another thing about that screen shot. It doesn't really give the game justice, because when it is in motion, that blue force field you see circles around the gungans. You can see this in several of the videos in our Multimedia section.

http://www.galacticbattles.com/multimedia.shtml

Also, as Sherack said before - I think that is the color of the specific player. You can every color of gungans, those just happen to be green and blend together.

After reading the latest updates from the GameSpot preview, it sounds like almost all these units have been updated anyway. Whether these three new screen shots are updated builds or not, I do not know. That's probably a question for the development team...

Guest Rogue15

I wonder if there'll be any of those critters that run away from those huge tank things that come over the hill in tpm...you see them running, but you don't know what they are.

Guest Tie Guy

That would be a nice touch. I really likled it in RA2 when you could mind control alligators into attacking enemy infantry.

Guest Boba Fett

What I want to know is what other kind of weaponry do the Gungans have. We already know about boomers and force pikes, but thats not enough to compete against other civilizations.

Guest Boba Fett

there's a kind of green mounted unit, beside the shield generator(which is very cool) that has a strange color, like if it was a unit from outside the game, also the gungan could be a little better. Just a suggestion, hope you take it into consideration. [/b]

It looks to me more like a chameleon variation of a Rhonto.

Guest Boba Fett

Oops! I was thinking of this screenshot.http://www.galacticbattles.com/multimedia/screenshots/3.jpg

It is pretty weird and multi-colored looking though. :fett:

I used to think the screenshots looked grainy, and some units a bit on the bold side, but over time i've seen some definite enhancements..

if you look at screenshots from other games, they'll always appear blockier or grainier.

that sweet resolution of your screen will fix it. and then you'll be spending you first game watching, instead of playing..

:tie:

Paragon_Leon

Guest Tie Guy

A good way to do that is to play a skirmish as your first battle, then you can research all you want, just put the enemy on easy and build a couple defenses.

trust me; you'll learn. not only do you see what civ suits you best, you also try out strategies faster, because a human opponent is much more unpredictable. i knew when computer players would attack, for instance, and they couldn't rush.

i wonder if the developers playtest the computer that way...

I am going to try and wake a dead thread.

There was word that every civ has aircraft, but I havent seen any for gungans (or wookies in that matter) am I just slow to receive info or have I missed their aircraft on the screenshots? What about the wookies?:confused:

There's Gungan aircraft in the screenshot (multimedia) section of http://www.galacticbattles.com

You'll see some bird-like 'fighters' and a slow-looking whale-type craft that has already received the nickname 'Ugly'. :D

Tie: rushing simply wasn't part of the computer's A.I... only thing that helped them up to speed were free resources every now and then..

Archived