Home

Light Side vs Dark Side Pts

Gurges-Ahter

Has anyone heard whether or not walking the "gray path" will be a worthwhile option? Throughout my play yesterday I remained mostly neutral, with some light side choices and some dark side choices. I prefer playing this way, as it generally reflects what I would really do in any given situation. However, after I read the following I'm worried that I'm limiting myself by not going all light or all dark.

"I would, for example, save a group of engineers from their death in the black vacuum of space, and then 45 minutes later condemn an otherwise friendly political figure to a sure death at the hands of the Sith.

I was extremely successful. By the time my Knight had acquired his starship I had exactly 1000 Light side points and 1000 Dark side points, leaving me perfectly centered, perfectly grey. But this was to my detriment. In Coruscant I first began to see powerful new items that would greatly benefit my character, but I could use none of them. They all had alignment requirements — “Lightside I” or “Darkside II.” There were no items built with a condition of neutrality. In fact, the only good items I could acquire outside of random drops and quest rewards were from the PvP vendors, making most of my Coruscant Commendations, a special currency for powerful gear, virtually useless.”

Source

Well, during the extended beta I made a lvl 50 Bounty Hunter, and while I went mostly purely Light Side I didn't really use many pieces of equipment or items that were LS restricted so I wouldn't say any of the "best" items require LS or DS points, but some stuff like the equipped Relics do. So while there isn't any real detriment to not choosing one direction, there definitely isn't any positives to staying neutral either. Personally I've been choosing the answer that best reflects what I think my character would choose, it ends up being mostly LS with a few DS options. I guess in the end though, you can always do replayable Heroic Missions and Flashpoints to try boost one over the other... if you stay truly neutral... that could take a long time. I read somewhere that BioWare doesn't plan to add neutrality bonuses as they feel you should pick a side.

My adivce is to not pick choices based on keeping neutral....

That would be like going to the captain who you can kill and start thinking I killed the last two npcs ... Then I should let you live even though you did something worse then the last npc I killed...

Choose based on what you belive your toon would do.

You can always do crew skill quests to try to keep neutral but in reality you will find your self leaning darkside or light side.

To me a neutral toon is one that ranges from low dark level 1 to low light level 1.

I know they have talked about gear for neutral alignment players but not sure if this is still being done. If done I can see it for level 35 and above since by then you with either be light side or dark side but if you find yourself on the grey realm there can be some nice items for players who just find themselves by their choices in the grey area .

Archived