Home

Weird Lines on the face!

Kelvin

Hello again, thanks in advance for all the help you're giving to whoever the heck asks you.

Recently, i started using Zbrush, along with some plug-ins in it, to sculpt, texture and making uv maps easily.

I made a head, used spotlight to draw the skin on the surface of the face, used UV master to get a uv for the model, then used decimation master to reduce the model's faces to 8.000 faces or so. I extracted the model, along with the uv, in a single obj, then imported into 3dsmax and with some work, putting that face on a PC head, fixing some of the mouth animations and so on.

I exported everything and, using MDLOPS6, i converted that ascii archive into a bin one, changing those 4 numbers using a hex editor. Everything looks nice but the head that seems to have weird lines where the edges of the UV would be. So i converted it back to ascii to see if 3dsmax also showed me that.

It appears exactly the same way as in the game now, and, i took a look at the uv map and it wasn't the same...

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7725/naym.png

What did happen? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Try re-exporting, and recompiling the model.

Oh god, another problem appeared. Now i use MDLops 6alpha1, it has worked for me this time i've been using it... But now i browse, click at the archive (-ascii) and click read and write model, and it starts telling me it is reading the model, once it finishes it tells me it's writing it, and well, it stops there, i think it does nothing more, it tells me it is writing but nothing... like 3 hours waiting, lol, but still nothing...

Oh damn i was so close xD....

Any ideas?

Click read, then write, and make sure you have the origional model where mdlops can find it

Mmmmm, still, it reads but doesnt write. Also, i thought, after trying and failing, to see what happens if i used 0.5 instead of 0.6, since it shows more info than the latter one. So well, tried and after waiting its time, it showed me this error, something i might have done wrong during my work, dunno what.

I think starting again from scratch might be better, unless any of you knows what's happening here...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Archived