Home

VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version

Well, on March 16, 2011 a veteran modder known as Varsity Puppet released a mod called VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans. Now this mod took the bad lightsaber models that were for the sabers in the vanilla game and made them high quality and good looking. The only problem with this mod though, was that there was no KotOR I version. And so, approximately two years later (I really did not plan this), with VP's permission, I went ahead and made a KotOR I version. Hope you guys enjoy.

ReadMe

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

» VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 ReadMe

NAME: VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1

TYPE: Modified Content

VERSION: 1.0

SIZE - Unzipped: 3.38 Megabytes, Zipped: 2.36 Megabytes

DATE RELEASED: March 15, 2013

» DESCRIPTION

Varsity Puppet once upon a time created a mod that took the vanilla lightsaber models and, without changing their style/design, created high quality versions of them. The only problem being, there was no KotOR I version. So, with VP's permission, I went ahead and made a KotOR I version.

» INSTALLATION

Just take all the files that are inside the folder titled "Override" and put them in your Override folder that is found within the main SWKotOR directory.

» COMPATABILITY WITH OTHER MODS

This mod should play nice with most others. However, if you have ANY mod that modifies the game's original lightsaber models (either .MDL or .MDX files) this mod WILL be incompatible with them.

» KNOWN BUGS

- None

» BUG REPORTING

There are 3 ways to report bugs. 1: Post your issues in the Taris Upper City Emporium Release Thread. 2: Post your issues in the Deadly Stream Release Thread. 3: PM your issues to me (Fallen Guardian) at Deadlystream or Lucas Forums.

TO REPORT THROUGH TARIS UPPER CITY EMPORIUM

1) Go to the Taris Upper City Emporium section of the Knights of the Old Republic branch of LucasForums "http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645" and either create an account or login to your existing one.

2) Find the thread called "VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version".

3) If the bug has not been reported already, post a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. I will report back to you in a week. If I don't, feel free to try the 3rd method of reporting bugs, which is private messaging me.

TO REPORT THROUGH DEADLY STREAM

1) Go to the Mod Releases Section of the Knights of the Old Republic branch of Deadly Stream "http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/17-mod-releases/" and either create an account or login to your existing one.

2) Find the thread called "VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version".

3) If the bug has not been reported already, post a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. I will report back to you in a week. If I don't, feel free to try the 3rd method of reporting bugs, which is private messaging me.

TO REPORT THROUGH PM

1) Go to Deadly Stream (http://deadlystream.com/) or Lucas Forums (http://www.lucasforums.com/) and search for the user Fallen Guardian. Lucas Forums: http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=167390, Deadly Stream: http://deadlystream.com/forum/user/8932-fallen-guardian/

2) Send me a private message with a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. I will likely report back to you within a week. If I don't report back, well, you can wait a bit. If you've waited for a year, get over it. I'm probably never going to reply if I don't reply wihtin a year.

» SPECIAL THANKS

Varsity Pupppet, both for making the mod in the first place and giving me permission to make a KotOR I version. Thank you, good sir.

» REDISTRIBUTION

This mod may NOT be redistributed in any way without the explicit permission of Varsity Puppet or me, Fallen Guardian, and the proper credit given within the ReadMe.

» LEGAL

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE CORP/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Screenshots

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9467

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9468

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9470

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9469

MediaFire Link: DOWNLOAD

KotOR Files Link: DOWNLOAD

Deadly Stream Link: DOWNLOAD

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, awesome. That's great cause I don't have any replacement models for the K1 sabers anyway.

Well done, my friend. Much better screenshots than mine.

Thanks you guys.

This mod is approved at Deadly Stream. Download it at this page.

Thanks SH. Hey, ever since the changes to Deadly Stream I haven't been able to find the button that actually lets me download the file. Could you tell me where that's been hiding?

Goodness FG .... just for the visible differences in screenies :raise: ... downloading ... :woo:

I've replaced most of the original models but still I think a few must remain to be affected by this ... anyway it's good to switch models with the already replaced just to see differences too.

thanks a lot, great job :thmbup1:

Goodness FG .... just for the visible differences in screenies :raise: ... downloading ... :woo:

I've replaced most of the original models but still I think a few must remain to be affected by this ... anyway it's good to switch models with the already replaced just to see differences too.

thanks a lot, great job :thmbup1:

Thanks though all the credit goes to VarsityPuppet really. He made all the models and such, I just made them KotOR 1 compatible. So make sure to thank VP next time you see him! (Or run into him on the internet... or something that makes sense)

Archived