Home

Blaster Pistol Enhancement

I recently showed off some screenshots of enhanced blaster pistols using Captain Hair's blaster pistol model. The goal of this mod is to finish, in a sense, what Captain Hair started with the blasters and make all blaster pistols in both KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 of high quality. When reskinning for the blasters I attempted to match them as closely as possible to their default icons within the game. Anyway, without Captain Hair this mod wouldn't exist so a big thanks to him.

ReadMe

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

» Blaster Pistol Enhancement ReadMe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR: Fallen Guardian

NAME: Blaster Pistol Enhancement

TYPE: Modified Content

VERSION: 1.0

SIZE - Unzipped: 60.8 Megabytes, Zipped: 18.7 Megabytes

DATE RELEASED: June 1, 2013

RELEASE THREADS: 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

» DESCRIPTION

The goal of Blaster Pistol Enhancement is to make use of a wonderfully made blaster model created by Captain Hair in order to replace the vanilla blaster models and textures with high quality, high resolution ones.

» LIST OF CHANGES

- Replaces all blaster pistol models and textures in KotOR 1 with the enhanced versions.

- Replaces all blaster pistol models and textures in KotOR 2 with the enhanced versions.

» INSTALLATION

An installation which involves the TSL Patcher has been made ready for your use and is the simplest and easiest way to carry out installation.

If you wish, for whatever reason, to not use TSL Patcher it will require you to manually copy and paste files from the tslpatchdata folder into the specific folders they need to be placed in.

Note: I am not responsible for any incompatibility issues that may arise (whether the mod was installed with TSLPatcher or manually) from the use of this mod in conjunction with other mods. Though I will do my best to fix any legitmate bugs.

» TSL PATCHER INSTALLATION

1) Double click Blaster Pistol Enhancement Installer.exe found in the main directory of the Blaster Pistol Enhancement Installer Folder.

2) Choose which game you will be installing the mod for.

3) Click the button labeled "Install Mod" on whichever game-specific installer you chose.

4) Click yes to the box that'll pop up... if you wish to proceed with installation.

5) Watch as all the little file names and progress reports scroll by and wait until the installer is complete.

(NOTE: This will replace any files that have the same names as the one

being installed.)

» MANUAL INSTALLATION

For KotOR 1:

1) Go into the tslpatchdata folder, then into the KotOR 1 Installation folder.

2) Copy all files not named info.rtf and changes.ini into the Override folder found in your KotOR 1 main directory.

For KotOR 2:

1) Go into the tslpatchdata folder, then into the KotOR 2 Installation folder.

2) Copy all files not named info.rtf and changes.ini into the Override folder found in your KotOR 2 main directory.

» KNOWN BUGS

None.

» BUG REPORTING

There are 3 ways to report bugs.

1: Post your issues in the release thread found in the Taris Upper City Emporium (The thread will be named Blaster Pistol Enhancement).

2: Post your issues in the release thread found in the Deadly Stream Mod Releases section (The thread will be named Blaster Pistol Enhancement.

3: PM your issues to me (Fallen Guardian) at either Deadly Stream or Lucas Forums.

TO REPORT THROUGH TARIS UPPER CITY EMPORIUM

1) Go to the Taris Upper City Emporium section of the Knights of the Old Republic branch of LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645) and either create an account or login to your existing one.

2) Find the thread called "Blaster Pistol Enhancement".

3) If the bug has not been reported already, post a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. I will likely report back to you within a week.

TO REPORT THROUGH THE DEADLY STREAM MOD RELEASES SECTION

1) Go to the Mod Releases section in the Knights of the Old Republic modding branch of Deadly Stream (http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/17-mod-releases/) and either create an account or login to your existing one.

2) Find the thread called "Blaster Pistol Enhancement".

3) If the bug has not been reported already, post a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. I will likely report back to you within a week.

TO REPORT THROUGH PM

1) Go to DeadlyStream (http://deadlystream.com/) or LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/), sign into/create your account, and search for the user Fallen Guardian (http://deadlystream.com/forum/user/8932-fallen-guardian/) or (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=167390)

2) Send me a private message with a VERY DETAILED description of what is occurring in your game. I will likely report back to you within a week.

» SPECIAL THANKS

A huge thank you to Captain Hair for making both the blaster model, and the original blaster pistol texture. Basically, he did the hardest work for this mod and it was his choice to make the base files free to use by all modders.

Thanks Captain Hair!

» REDISTRIBUTION

The Blaster Pistol Enhancement mod may NOT be redistributed in any way without the explicit permission of the author (Fallen Guardian) and the proper credit given.

» LEGAL

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE CORP/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSORS/SPONSORS/OWNERS OF THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR(S) ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

» FINAL WORDS

Thanks for installing.

Screenshots

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
2pyqlpt.jpg

2qdcwi1.jpg

fxurtl.jpg

4zwbhi.jpg

j5dw1i.jpg

o750g6.jpg

ao98b9.jpg

MediaFire Link: DOWNLOAD

KotOR Files Link: PENDING...

Deadly Stream Link: DOWNLOAD

I remember someone promising this for the beginning of June ... :urpdude:

a texture for each weapon part eh?? :golfclap:

well ... we'll see how my "half-end" rig deals with this (with all the other improved textures of my Override folder).

is there even a minor size increase in the models mdx/mdl as well? :raise:

I'll let u know how these amazing tweaks work on both TSL and Kotor.

thanks alot on advance :thmbup1:

Archived