Home

[Spoilers?]Consular/Sith Assassin build.

It's been quite a while since I've played this game and I only ever really played it all the way through once, so I was hoping for some help with my build.

I planned on using:

Strength 10

Dexterity 14

Constitution 14

Intelligence 12

Wisdom 14

Charisma 14

Is this good? Should I go for something else? I plan on only sinking one point into Con and getting the last 3 through influence and splitting the rest of my stats between DEX and WIS (spending more on DEX, though). I'm not sure which skills I should rank other than Persuade.

Also, I plan on going all the way to 50 for the hell of it.

PS: Any recommended mods other than TSLRCM and M4-78?

Edit: Btw, sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this, wasn't sure where to put it.

It's been quite a while since I've played this game and I only ever really played it all the way through once, so I was hoping for some help with my build.

I planned on using:

Strength 10

Dexterity 14

Constitution 14

Intelligence 12

Wisdom 14

Charisma 14

Is this good? Should I go for something else? I plan on only sinking one point into Con and getting the last 3 through influence and splitting the rest of my stats between DEX and WIS (spending more on DEX, though).

That looks like a pretty decent allocation. One thing about focusing on Dex - I assume that you'll be using the Finesse feats. I've tried that, and in my experience, the considerable Dexterity-To-Hit bonus caused basically every attack to hit, but the damage delivered was annoyingly negligible. So what would happen is that I would get easily defeated by medium and stronger opponents that dealt greater damage over time than I did.

To this end, I would make sure to get (mass) debilitation powers (Stasis Field, Horror), and put more points into Wisdom as I progress through the game till I get to a point where basically every power cast lands (this shouldn't be long at all in achieving if you're a Consular). Then I'd start focusing on Dexterity.

Of course all of this can also be compensated/remedied with the use of items, of which there are many very powerful ones in the game (eg, Exile Crystal; high end robes). Though if you choose this route, situations where you are denied the use of items (eg, sparring matches) are going to be painful.

One other thing to keep in mind is whether you have Handmaiden or Disciple in your party - Handmaiden's Battle Precognition perk allows you to add your Wisdom bonus to Defense. Keeping this in mind, you can possibly forgo Dexterity and focus on Wisdom + Strength instead, giving you the Defense bonus you would usually get by focusing on Dexterity, along with the to-hit bonus usually given by Finesse, *and* the damage modifiers afforded by Strength (and saving you spending points on the Finesse feats, to boot). You can of course, stay with Wis + Dex to get an even higher Defense rating, though Handmaiden's perk is gained by sparring with her without the luxury of saber crystals, or clothes, so it could possibly be hard to obtain the damage potential you need to defeat her, and subsequently, learn the perk..

I plan on only sinking one point into Con and getting the last 3 through influence

I assume you mean Alignment Mastery? If so, keep in mind that +3 Constitution is gained from Sentinel/Watchman/Assassin + Light Side Mastery. LS Mastery could be be a hindrance to your being a Sith Assassin. But perhaps you intend to be a light-sided Sith? That would be interesting indeed. :D

I'm not sure which skills I should rank other than Persuade.

Personally, I always put points into Persuade and Repair. Persuade's benefits are obvious; and Repair is for the breaking down of items in the Workbench, and the vast amounts of XP to be gained from repairing various droids found in the game world (and also T3's perks). TSLRCM 1.8.2 onwards includes a modification that makes the game use the Repair skill of whatever character is using the Workbench when breaking down items, as opposed to always using the PC's Repair skill; so that could allow you to forgo Repair, if you wish.

Personally, I have TSLRCM 1.8.1, and I want the bonus XP, so I invest in Repair.

Whatever build you're doing, I recommend getting Master Speed; the extra attacks per round are incredible. Combine with Flurry and Double/Dual weapons for some serious damage.

PS: Any recommended mods other than TSLRCM and M4-78?

Only mods I have installed to speak of other than TSLRCM and M4-78 are Player and Party Underwear by Redrob41 (because I hate the default underwear for the player), and the Cyan Lightsaber Fix (I don't know if that bug is fixed in TSLRCM 1.8.2, though).

Phew, look at that text wall! Lol, sorry, I'm currently in the middle of playing TSL and I get a real kick out of character building/strategy. :D

Welcome to the forums, btw! :waive1:

To this end, I would make sure to get (mass) debilitation powers (Stasis Field, Horror), and put more points into Wisdom as I progress through the game till I get to a point where basically every power cast lands (this shouldn't be long at all in achieving if you're a Consular). Then I'd start focusing on Dexterity.

Using Insanity was actually my main plan for damage, since Sith Assassin gets rank 10 of Sneak Attack for huge damage while they're stunned.

One other thing to keep in mind is whether you have Handmaiden or Disciple in your party - Handmaiden's Battle Precognition perk allows you to add your Wisdom bonus to Defense.

I actually forgot to mention that I plan on making this char a male. Oops.

I assume you mean Alignment Mastery? If so, keep in mind that +3 Constitution is gained from Sentinel/Watchman/Assassin + Light Side Mastery. LS Mastery could be be a hindrance to your being a Sith Assassin. But perhaps you intend to be a light-sided Sith? That would be interesting indeed. :D

I meant the bonuses from Hanharr and I think HK-47. Hanharr gives +1 CON for breaking him and another when talking to Kreia about it and I think HK-47 gives the other (or maybe it was T3?). But I actually did think about going Light after getting my Prestige to get Mira then going back to dark, but that sounds like too much work. :xp:

Phew, look at that text wall! Lol, sorry, I'm currently in the middle of playing TSL and I get a real kick out of character building/strategy. :D

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the forums, btw! :waive1:

And thanks for the welcome.

Archived