Home

Do kotor/TSL run good under 64 bits SO?

GeorgNihilus

hey there ... I started this to know your opinions and experiences about how "smoothly" do these KotOR/TSL games run under Windows 7 64 bits systems, like Win 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

too many CTDs in comparison to a Win 7 or XP 32 bits installation??

tips to run these under Win 7 64 bits? video cutscenes crashing probably? dialogs issues maybe??

thanks on advance! :bot2:

The crashes don't have anything to do with it being a 32-bit or 64-bit computer, they have to do with running the game on a newer OS than what the game was designed for such as Windows 7. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit laptop and I still had to run the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and as an administrator. However I only had to do this for KOTOR, TSL runs fine. If anything having a 64-bit system just means it can handle larger amounts of RAM more effectively making the game run better.

The crashes don't have anything to do with it being a 32-bit or 64-bit computer, they have to do with running the game on a newer OS than what the game was designed for such as Windows 7. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit laptop and I still had to run the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and as an administrator. However I only had to do this for KOTOR, TSL runs fine. If anything having a 64-bit system just means it can handle larger amounts of RAM more effectively making the game run better.

more goods news then. For my migration from 32 to 64 Win 7 I mean :nod:

Yup, SysOp issues do explain why you have to run KotOR with compatibility mode for Windows XP eh?

TSL runs for u even without compatibility for Win XP, dude? more good news ...

and yes. I've been reading and seems like ATI cards are the ones with more problems with KotOR games, as others stated on other of my late threads.

thanks Sith Sizzle. Keep reporting to this thread folks :thmbup1:

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but I was just curious as to how your game has been running...good? Another thing I should have mentioned is to make it so the game starts in windowed mode to avoid it crashing to the desktop. It doesn't always happen, but this prevents that if it ever does. Once it starts you can make the screen bigger again. My game very rarely crashes during cut scenes so I keep the screen full throughout gameplay, but if you're worried about it you can put it in windowed mode and then go full screen again during gameplay.

Archived